Identical twins CAN be opposite genders!!

interesting site :) leads also to more interesting topics such as polartwins which is not proven yet but interesting in any case :)

I eventually has mine tested and they are classed as 'identical'

I have this dvd also and have heard of identical boy/girl twins so when i went for my gender scan, the doctor checked one twin and said they're boys, but I insisted he checked both, just in case. At first I thought it would be great to have one of each gender but then again doesnt it mean there are chromosonial abnormalities? Would there be problems health wise? Kind of made me think really...Glad they are of the same gender - you get so many questions from people abould twins as it is - imagine trying to explain boy/girl identicals!

I have this dvd also and have heard of identical boy/girl twins so when i went for my gender scan, the doctor checked one twin and said they're boys, but I insisted he checked both, just in case. At first I thought it would be great to have one of each gender but then again doesnt it mean there are chromosonial abnormalities? Would there be problems health wise? Kind of made me think really...Glad they are of the same gender - you get so many questions from people abould twins as it is - imagine trying to explain boy/girl identicals!

Yes in order to have boy girl identicals theres chromosomal abnormalities. For instance, the pair I know of has 1 boy, 1 girl. Both have the DNA of boys. However, the girl has a vagina despite the chromosomal makeup being male.

I asked my midwife about this a while back. She said in most cases, they were hermaphrodites..Very sad really

I don't think you really want to have opposite sex but identical twins.

We're expecting identicals and I have my 18 + 4 week scan on Thursday. I'm really hoping we find out the sex - will be happy either way but I just want to know!

I don't think you really want to have opposite sex but identical twins.

We're expecting identicals and I have my 18 + 4 week scan on Thursday. I'm really hoping we find out the sex - will be happy either way but I just want to know!

Oooh how exciting - i remember how impatient i was to find out their sex! Let us know how it goes. And be prepared to be stopped ALOT and all the questions are even more intense with identicals.

Yes in order to have boy girl identicals theres chromosomal abnormalities. For instance, the pair I know of has 1 boy, 1 girl. Both have the DNA of boys. However, the girl has a vagina despite the chromosomal makeup being male.

I think that is sad. This poor baby is in everyway a boy but with a vagina, she will grow up wanting to be a boy as she has the DNA and chromosones of a boy, sad.....

I asked my midwife about this a while back. She said in most cases, they were hermaphrodites..Very sad really

I agree, to have the body parts of one gender but the DNA of another, I feel for those little babies especially as they get older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->