If it weren't for this, I'd use this name....

The Alchemist

Sahm to 2 under 2
Reaction score
Have you ladies (or gents - if there are any in here) ever thought that a name of something might be a cute name if it weren't for what it is????

Example: If it weren't for rosacea (row-zay-shuh), skin disease, I'd at least name a pet that.

Or...if it weren't for Nike, the sporting brand, I'd name a son or daughter that. I looked up the meaning and origin. Greek. Female goddess of something.

How about you ladies?

I LOVE the name Mace, and I wanted to use it for our son, but my OH said no because of the pepper spray.

Also, I really used to like the name Miley, but then Miley Cyrus became a trainwreck and thats all I can associate with the name. :/

EDIT: Also, the name Iris and Isis both make me think of strippers. I have no idea why.

Yes, I like the name Ivy.... I really do... But I personally couldn't use it because it reminds me of I.V.... (As in Intravenous).

Yes, I like the name Ivy.... I really do... But I personally couldn't use it because it reminds me of I.V.... (As in Intravenous).

lol funny you say that as I thought of that the other day when hosp said about an IV drip!

This comes from someone I know who used to be a midwife - hearing a lady name her daughter "Melena", which actually means a bloody stool. LOL

Lol how funny with these names.

I like Ivy too but like you ladies said, I think of the IV drip.

On Melena, if I hadn't known or wasn't a nurse, I'd probably like it but yeah.

I love the name Addilynn, yet my husband swears a pill one day will be named this- similar to Adderall.

Amity - it means friendship and harmony

...if it weren't for amityville horror...

I LOVE the name Lydia, and yet when i say it all i can think of is Chlamydia :wacko::dohh:

Funny how a lot of medication names sounds cute actually. Like....(thinking)....Oh, Lunesta. That's one.

Lol we once spoke about this at school. I think Chlamydia is a sweet name... :rofl:

Luna is a beautiful name, sadly it's already the name of my cat so I can't use it for a baby :p haha

I love Luna too! Just reminds me of 'Loony Lovegood' from Harry Potter though :(

I love Luna too! Just reminds me of 'Loony Lovegood' from Harry Potter though :(

YES! It reminds me of that too. Our cat loves cheese so we call her Luney Lovecheese :p

Love the name Luna but my LO's pram is a Mama's and Papas Luna lol x

I love Luna and what it means, I just cant help thinking someone will add Tic to the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->