If OH makes one more sound effect...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by caarmywife, Jan 24, 2011.

1. caarmywife

caarmywife Well-Known Member

While I am eating I am going to pound him! He has done this a few times and it really hurts my feelings. I have heard a moo, a horse noise, exagerated gobbling noises and I was just biting into an apple and he went "whoa nelly". My hubby is a good man, I know hes still attracted to me but WTH? I have gained quite a bit and have told him I am a lil self conscious about it, but I guess he just doesnt see the connection when I have flat out told him it bugs me. But the killer is, he is always trying to feed me... Says he doesnt want me starving his baby! Aaaarrggh. Had to rant or else I was go off on him!

2. Deutschette

Deutschette Mum of 1!

My husband says I eat like a cow and mocks every noise I make. It's out of love, though. :haha:

3. caarmywife

Sigh, I know its out of love and I usually have a better sense of humor about it. But today, nope, not funny at all..

4. Deutschette

Deutschette Mum of 1!

Turn his game around and mock all of his noises. It has worked like a charm so far and I only rarely get called a cow now. :D

5. kelzyboo

kelzyboo Angel mummy and PAL

lol this made me laugh, i agree you should mock him too, you have a reason to be hungry your growing a person!

Thankfully my OH wouldn't dare say that to me, i wear the trousers so to speak and i'm so hormonal i terrify him lol I'm the one that calls myself a fat cow when i eat more than i usually do but bless him, he tells me that i'm not fat i'm pregnant, he's so sweet about it (maybe because i scare him?) x

6. SugarBeth

SugarBeth Well-Known Member

I'd do this. How rude and insensitive of him! My husband knows he'd be dealing with a pile of sobs if he tried to "moo" at me and even joke that I'm looking like a cow! Even if I know I don't look like that, it would hurt me that he'd be so careless of my feelings and the pregnancy, even if it's just joking. Gaining weight during pregnancy is not something to create jokes about!

7. 0_o

0_o Me, Df, Ds + Dd

My OH did that once or twice... until I rubbed his belly and said "aw baby!" Or mock him when he eats, he soon got the picture lol XX

8. caarmywife

Lol I am totally going to try mooing at him. And rubbing the baby in his beer belly! Hahaha! Payback is a b****!!

9. stucknthecity

stucknthecity Pregnant with # 1 !

Lol at least I know it's not just mine doing it! He pretends like their is an earthquake when I roll over in bed.....so...not...funny! At 16 weeks into this pregnancy I have gained 9 pounds. I don't know how that compares to everyone else but I think mine is mainly in the boobs and love handle areas. I have asked him about his food baby before and he just say's yeah it's and elephant and the trunk is already hanging out! Oh the nerves of men!!!

10. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

I'm sure he thinks he is being "cute", but I agree you should turn the tables on him and next time he gets an extra serving, eats something sweet or something make noises at him, or say "I'm growing a person, what's your excuse?" while patting his belly. :)

11. lilyanne

lilyanne Mom & Pregnant with #2

I'm sorry! That is probably the last thing you want to hear from him. With my husband I have to be explicit about everything (think about a lesson to a small child).
    I have to say "Honey, when you ... (say quote or specific action), it makes me feel (insert emotion)... I know you aren't trying to make me feel (emotion) but please don't do it anymore because... (explain feeling).
    It sounds silly but half the time my husband doesn't get it until I do this and then he is like "Oh. I didn't mean it like that. Sorry. I won't do it anymore." I don't think most men truly pick up on the social cues as much as women do.

12. BexyD

BexyD Well-Known Member

men need to understand when something ceases to be funny!!

My DH hasnt dared do that, but if i hear him scrape the plate with his fork or bite the fork when taking a mouthful once more I may end up ramming it down his throat!!
    If i say anything he'll get the hump and say I'm moody, but its exactly the same thing i'd say to my 10yr old. Grrr makes me mad!!

13. lisaf

lisaf Super tired new mom

Ok, I had to laugh at the husband who makes the elephant and trunk comment, lol!!!

My DH hasn't dared to do this... but my hormones scare him pretty bad so far.
    We ran into this a few times early on... we usually tease each other a lot and it never bugged me before. But now I have almost no sense of humor about most of it. He thought it was funny how wound up I'd get when he'd say I couldn't eat X or drink Y ... things that are fine in moderation.
    Well... when I completely FLIPPED out on him a few times, it finally got the message across. Either hysterical tears or the raging bitch from hell... both have slowly trained him not to mess with me on certain things.
    (the hysterical sobbing for 30 minutes after he deliberately startled/scared me by jumping out at me)....

If he really cares about you eating, you could also try pushing the food away as soon as he makes that noise. If he sees a direct association with an unwanted behavior (you not eating what he admittedly wants you to eat!) and his action, it may help.

Of course I find it very hard to relinquish any food once its in my grasp :rofl:

14. Doodlepants

Doodlepants Well-Known Member

:rofl: at the elephant comment!!!
    Bloody men 'eh? Who'd have them?!
    x