If they don't call me back from my first prenatal, is everything good?

Catiren

Young mom of 2 and Prego!
Reaction score
You know how they take urine and labs at your first prenatal? Well I wasn't for sure what to expect and I still haven't received my results by phone or mail. My midwife did not tell me to expect any call backs or even mentioned anything was wrong. Will they discuss the results of the tests at the next prenatal or will they call about it, or is it not going to be discussed unless something's wrong?

I'm not concerned about it too much but I've had so many labs done in the past where doctors call me back saying what's good and what's not. It's a bit weird to get used to the routine done at my ob/gyn.

I'm in the UK so not sure if it is different but my midwife told me to only expect a call if there was a problem with the bloods, she told me on the spot from my urine test that I wasn't eating enough (i didn't know pee could tell them that lol)

Yes, no news is usually good news. I have never been called back after the blood and urine work in either pregnancy. In my first pregnancy, they didn't say anything to me at all about it. So, I assumed that meant all my tests came back normal. This time, when I went in for my next appointment, my midwife actually told me that all of my labs were perfect. But nobody ever called.

My midwife said if there was a problem I would get a letter. Ive never been told if everything is good x

I only got calls when they were testing for genetic abnormalities, they don't like to stress people out by withholding that stuff!

With all my other bloods and urine my doctor just casually mentioned that I was clear of everything at my next appointment. She said "Well you'll be glad to know you are still HIV negative" LOL I really love my doctor.

haha thanks for the responses! i have not had a call or letter and its been a week. 3 more weeks til i get my first U/S and hear the heartbeat!

she also measured my uterus and said everything was normal. i asked her to specifically check for certain things in my blood and she told me i didnt need that because i dont need it(they only test for hcg levels or otherwise when they suspect something is wrong) so i didnt get to find out my hcg levels this early so everything must be up to the highest par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->