if too personal then just tell me to sod off!!! LOL

tristansmum

Reaction score
I was just wondering what people spend per month on morgage or rent. I think our morgage is pretty high. it had been £945 p/m but recently dropped by £200 after we came out fixed term but we are still over paying so that we cover ourselves if we for some reason could not pay one month. But anyways the reason i ask (apart from being a nosey lady) is that so many of my friends have sky tv, nice cars, holidays, dinners out ect and i just wonder how they afford it! Its not something you can ask face to face easily. :shrug:

our rent is £800 a month which is cheap for our area as it should be £850+ for a 3 bedroom house.

Damn the south! :haha:

We have a two bedroom flat in Portsmouth (I say 2 bedroom, the second one is a cupboard, basically...) and it's £550 a month. It was supposed to be £595, but it was on the market for so long the landlord dropped it hours before we decided we wanted it!

We pay way too much (rent) for the size of our place. 545 euros a month for a 36 square metre, one room flat (that includes water though)

Ours is rent, and it's about £750 (3 bed house). We had a holiday but our cars are poo! xx

edit: ok not poo but def not new! LOL didn't want my car to get me back for that comment by not starting or something...

We live in the Midlands and our mortgage is £1200. We have a 4 bed detached.

We pay £356 per month mortgage on a 2 bed maisonette in tamworth

lol thanks for reply guys. its hard talking to friends about money. We described our births in graffic detail but never mention finances LOL

And yes the south is too expensive. Our morgage is on a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment. Its nice but its no penthouse

2 bed terrace with loft conversion in brum - mortgage is £470 a month :)

I don't have holidays though and only have a newer car because Dad gave me some money!

we rent 3bed semi detached for €800 a month. rents have dropped alot in the last 2 yrs. same house would have rented for about €1200 a month. we have sky in 2 rooms, no cars (we dont drive), no holidays this year. we live off dh's wage

My friend rents a 1 bedroom new build flat in london and it costs him £1000!

Well im with the council so does it count lol? We pay £334 for ours per month. We have Sky+ and thats about it :haha:

Neither of us drive, were broke. My OH gets to work on 125cc motorbike.

ETA- Thats for a two bed.

Well, we sound quite lucky, our mortgage for a 4 bed detached house is just under £500.

However this is fixed rate and about to change. Also we have three rental properties and we're suffering majorly with those mortgages!! We're comfortable enough but have to be careful and not go mad.

edit: ok not poo but def not new! LOL didn't want my car to get me back for that comment by not starting or something...[/QUOTE]

:haha: that made me giggle

We have a brand new 3 bed detached in Aberdeen, ours is £1000 and that's with a 70k deposit! Damn Aberdeen property prices, it's beyond a joke!!
We also have a brand new car and my maternity is just the basic. We won't be having a holiday for a long time but I'm choosing to be a SAHM so that's a sacrifice we're happy to make :)

We pay £690 a month in rent, 3 bed house, but the house is in need of quite a bit doing to it (cosmetically) and the landlord won't spend a penny on the place, which is reflected in the price. Also we are 2.5 miles from the nearest train station, very expensive buses too. With a more professional landlord and walking distance to a station I think we'd be looking at nearer the £900 mark for our house.

Our sky subscription is literally our only luxury. No takeaways, no meals out, no new clothes, no coffees, no alcohol, and a car that my parents regularly bail us out with when it breaks, but it is totally essential to have a car in my area. We are lucky to be able to have very cheap holidays with a relative who has a lovely house by the sea. We couldn't afford a proper holiday in a zillion years.

We live in a really expensive area of Bristol at the moment - paying £725 for a (pretty small) 2 bed flat on the first floor, but the area is just beautiful. In a few weeks we are moving about 10 minutes down the road into a 2 bed house on the park with a garden for £750 a month :) Bills aren't included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->