• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

if too personal then just tell me to sod off!!! LOL

our mortgage is only 297 a month but we pay 400 - we also have a lot of enjoyable things, sky etc etc and i wouldnt have it any other way. quite often see people mortgaging themselves up to the max to be in big new builds at like 200k, when they have no enjoyable life as every penny is spent on mortgage

ours is a modest 3 bed ex council terrace in a small scottish town

I see your point but in some areas 200k won't buy you a decent flat. Bloody house prices.

we have a mortgage of £300 per month - but we layed down a MASSIVE deposit when we brought our house and this is why its so low now.

Its only a two bed cottage - very modest but we love it!

xxxxxxx

Our mortgage is about £1100 at the moment (we live in Surrey, in a commuter town inside the M25). We ported quite a lot of equity when we moved here after selling our London flat, so our mortgage is only 65% of the property purchase price. We couldn't have afforded to buy where we are if it wasn't for that equity!

ETA: £200k would only buy a 1 bed flat where I live :haha: but it's an easy 25 minute train journey to central London from here, so that bumps things up considerably.

Our current house is a 2 bed new build and we rent for £475 a month which is the upper end for around here. it only has a tiny courtyard surrounded by an eight foot fence which is the only thing I dislike about it!

We move to the outskirts of Cambridge next month and we have found a really cheap place (pot luck!) 3 bed terrace with a decent garden, appliances included (same as current one) but it's a bit scruffy (has character if anyone asks lol) but we're allowed to decorate (yaaay) so will soon have it sparkling! And it's £475 a month as well!! So so cheap!!

We have basic Sky package (tv ariel in this house is badly positioned and cannot pick up any tv and as it's a new street we don't have cable so Sky it was!) and I have a second hand car on finance but only after bartering the price right down and we needed a bigger car to fit baby stuff in lol.

We treat ourselves to takeaway once a month and have to shop sensibly, our food shop went from £30 a week to £40 with the rise in VAT and inflation :(

Clothes come from primark unless somewhere has a sale on and I don't pay full price for anything!!

our mortgage is only 297 a month but we pay 400 - we also have a lot of enjoyable things, sky etc etc and i wouldnt have it any other way. quite often see people mortgaging themselves up to the max to be in big new builds at like 200k, when they have no enjoyable life as every penny is spent on mortgage

ours is a modest 3 bed ex council terrace in a small scottish town

I see your point but in some areas 200k won't buy you a decent flat. Bloody house prices.

of course, it is all relative and i ment 200k in comparison to what you could buy here, the equivalent down south would likely be around the 450/500 mark but same principal applies

£403 for a two bed house in the Midlands (mortgage).

We rent and its 400 per month for a 2bed flat. Hate the neighbours hate the landlord but flats ok. We have Sky Plus & multi room but only because OH works for sky :haha: No car as we dont drive, going to Ibiza next year so a years saving & we watch our money but have fun with it & enjoy things

x

I really need to stop moaning about how badly we are doing financially!
We live in a new 3 bed, 2 bath housing association house so the rent is pretty cheap - £475 per month. The council tax is high at £30 a week but we do live in a house which would cost almost £450k to buy. Way out of our league :nope:
We have sky (no movies or sports so only £25 a month) and have more takeaways than we should. Never been abroad with OH but we do try to go to Dorset to see family at least every other year and that costs almost £1000. We are a family of 6 though!

Me and OH have a car each, both 10 years old. I bought mine for cash 2 years ago before LO came along as we were both working full time.
Now we survive on OH's wages although I have a cleaning job working nights. I hate it but it pays good money and we don't have any childcare costs which make my going back to work in an office unaffordable.

$430 mortgage biweekly. Obviously electricity, gas, taxes, and everything else are on top of that

$436.37 every 2 weeks for my mortgage.
But everything else seems so much more.
$310 each month for taxes, etc..

We chose to rent and have a great house in a very nice neighbourhood for $900/month. That's quite a good deal here. Utilities are on top of that: ~$500 for phone, cable, electric, water, etc.
And our low housing costs mean that we have been able to sock away a healthy amount of savings. We have two cars, do lots of trips in country over the year, have various investments, etc. Renting has been a very good financial decision for us. I would not and will not buy a house at the prices they are now. I think we're in a big bubble in most of Canada, and I have no desire to be house poor.

I rent my 3 bedroomed maisonette flat with garden in Scottish Borders costs me £450 a month which includes kitchen fridge/freezer/cooker and some wardrobes. Pretty good deal I would say.

we pay 430 for a 2 bed mid terrace with yard up north, no luxuries for us there is a bus stop at the top of my street or i use my legs :rofl:!!! as for holidays we wait till the sun holiday vouchers come out, we have a fab time thou :)

I just looked at my parents' mortgage renewal paper... $246 biweekly... wahhh :( I wish that was mine!!
I saw their balance, the entire thing would have been paid off if they hadn't taken money out again to do some big renovation projects (all new windows, totally new roof, fence, siding, painting, carpets, furnace)

£400 mortgage for a TINY 2 bed terraced house with a garden in Lancashire. We could've had a slightly bigger house but I wanted the garden! We have sky, have takeaways more than we should and go on posh holidays every few years and to Ireland to visit family when we can't afford the posh ones! OH has an 8 year old van and my car just died so we're in the process of getting a new one (new to us, it'll only be about 2 grand as that's all the savings we have just now).

My partner and I are currently in the process of buying our first house in York. Its a 2 bed semi with parking for 4-5 cars and a lovely garden. Our mortgage is going to be £519 a month plus bills on top. We both have cars which we are paying for monthly on 0% deals that we bought new and are now 2 years old.

With this being our first house and first baby im panicing that we will not be able to afford to live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->