• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

if too personal then just tell me to sod off!!! LOL

just wanted to add i'm not having a go at anyone with sky or new cars! lol It was just an example. WE are comfortable at the moment with our morgage... it just seems so much money every month but reading your replies it sounds normal. we are in the south (hampshire) which is an expensive place to live. thanks again for the replies.

if we were to buy the house we are renting (approx €270,00) our mortgage would be about €1200 a month and the interest rates are due to go up 2 more times this year so it could rise to about €1500

£500 a month rent for a 3 bed end of terrace in Lancashire. The house is in pretty good condition and the landlord put in new carpets and a new front door for us when we moved in. He comes round quickly when things need doing too. If we still lived down south (where OH and I are from) you'd pay at least £750 for the same house and that would need a lot of work. Moving up north is the best thing we ever did financially. We can afford for me to be a SAHM mum here; we'd have no chance back in Hampshire where we are originally from.

2 brdm/2 bath townhome for rent, costs me $780/month.. which is about £500, not including bills.

we have just remortgaged in order to buy a 2nd property... so our new mortgage is £350 pcm... that's for 2 houses.

I bought my first house at 18. It cost me 31k. My last house (on my own) I bought 13 years ago for 42k, the same house now costs over 200k. House prices were affordable for most back then and then suddenly went through the roof about 10 yrs ago.

Two bed house here, £480pm.. before that it was a 1 bed fully furnished flat, £395pm.

I bought my first house at 18. It cost me 31k. My last house (on my own) I bought 13 years ago for 42k, the same house now costs over 200k. House prices were affordable for most back then and then suddenly went through the roof about 10 yrs ago.

it is crazy. we moved in england when i was 13 (which was 14 years ago). My parents bought a large 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom detached house on a big private plot for £160K... its now worth £400K. My 2 bed flat cost me £165K! crazy!!!!!!!

I have a big 3 bed terrace in Barnsley where the mortgage is £400ish a month. I don't live in it though, and pay £550 for a poky little 1 bedroom flat in Aberdeen. I used to live in York and paid £850 for a mortgage on a 2 bed terrace. When I lived in Middlesex I paid £650 for rent on a 1 bed maisonette, and £750 for rent on a 2 bed maisonette.
I get around a bit :haha:
My house has been on the market for a year, and hasn't had a single viewing so I'm having to move back to Yorkshire as we can't afford 2 properties when my mat allowance stops. :nope:
Holidays? What's them?? :haha:

We have a 3 bed semi in the midlands. Our mortgage is 432pcm and that is fixed for 5 years.

I feel a bit bad for moaning about my rent prices now :/ Mine £575 a month rent for a 2 bed semi with garden, 2 parking spaces, 3 (yes....3) bathrooms and was built in 2004 so in perfect condition. Thats pretty much smack bang inbetween Bristol and Birmingham.

Saying that though, prices round here have shot up so Im fully expecting the rent to go up when the contract finishes. :(

Ours is mortgage......we have a three bed house and pay £500/month which is very very very low for our part of North London. We have Sky and a nice car but most of our spare cash goes on home improvements.

3 up and 3 down .. £550.. We are buyin off family

mines a 2 bed mid-terraced with 2 reception rooms and costs £500 per month to rent xx

Hi we pay £575 for a lush flat in Basingstoke. But the cheapest on th le rental market. And it's stupid here due to London links.

OOOOOOOOO think I win..I have a two bedroom flat which is big and a large garden and my mortgage is £200 a month :D

We have a 2 bed, 2 bath 3rd floor flat which is £514 a month BUT we only own 75% of the property. It was a newbuild and because of oh's job he is a key worker so qualified for an interest free loan for three years. It meant though that after we put our names down for the flat, the loan company came round to value the flat and said it's not worth what it was up for and it was dropped by 25k and then a few weeks later it was dropped again by another 35k! If we paid full whack for it, we would not be moving for a long time! We can either re-mortgage for the full amount and pay back the loan or if we move we pay the money back and 25% (as that's the % they own) of the profits. Not bad seeing as we are only 2 min walk from the train station and 25min train from London and 25min train from Stansted Airport!

I can't wait to move into a house though in a few years...hopefully!!!

our mortgage is only 297 a month but we pay 400 - we also have a lot of enjoyable things, sky etc etc and i wouldnt have it any other way. quite often see people mortgaging themselves up to the max to be in big new builds at like 200k, when they have no enjoyable life as every penny is spent on mortgage

ours is a modest 3 bed ex council terrace in a small scottish town

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"