If you already have a baby, what will you do differently next time?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Question in the thread's title. Can relate to anything --> type of birth, feeding, baby items, etc.

I'm gonna buy a bassinette next time around so I can have baby right beside my bed. I share a room with Elyse now but it would be nice to have her "close" without having her in my bed with me. Would cosleep but my OH gave me crap for letting her sleep in my bed with me, and so does my mother. :(

I would stay in hospital longer after having baby. And do shifts so someone's always up with the baby.

I had a moses basket for my son and I loved him being close to me and he loved it in there, much more than his crib!! xx

Well, when im pregnant I will never be walking down the pate aisle in the supermarket! It started a nightmare of craving it for the rest of my pregnancy last time! other than that, if it all goes as well 2nd time round as it did the first I will be a happy lady! x

I won't be induced and I DEFINITLEY (sp) won't be strapped down to the bed in agony. I'll stay at home for as long as possible and walk around until I can no longer stand.

well im hopin to not be induced and to go into complete natural labour and have my water birth. I will breastfeed for longer i gave up with zane to quickly. I will NOT co sleep lol zane hated his moses basket so i will be putting him/her straight into a cot.

i will also actually get help from my oh this time if not i will chop it off hahah

I actually debating about whether or not I want to breastfeed next time. I hated being stuck on the couch with no energy for nearly 2 months. I know that sounds so selfish but I really hated how it made me feel. If I do decide to breastfeed I'll have somebody come stay with us the first week or so. I just can't count on DH to do anything and I won't be able to.

I wouldn't be so dead set against a C section next time, specially if my pregancy progresses the same as my first one. One 4" 2nd degree tear is enough.

i would like to give birth in our birth pool instead of just using it for labour
i love breastfeeding but to be honest im not sure if i will do it again with #4 because i was literally anchored to the sofa for about the first 3 months and i neglected the others during that time and steve had to do everything with them.

Oh its been so long, but I think I would ask for epidural this go. I really want to enjoy birth not be a pain in the butt! :rofl: I am not a good patient. lol

Oh, next time... I'm having a scheduled cesarean rather than an emergency and trying to stay in hospital longer than 3 nights and making my OH take a week off to be at home with us!

I am going to sleep loads beforehand (if I can now that I have a kid :rofl:)
Eat before I go in
Pack more snacks
Probably try and go without an epidural

well with my 1st i had every drug available 2nd time i went natural (had no time for drugs) i recovered quicker after labour with the 2nd then my 1st, im umming and arring over a home birth also i determind to enjoy my next pregnancy 1st time i was ill with heartburn and had family problems so i became deeply depressed 2nd time i was so tired and sick all the time running round after a 1 year old and being pregnant.

so the next time both my kids will be at school, and im hoping i wont be as sick as the last pregnancy. also the family rift is healed so everything should be rosy *touches wood*

probly nothing different with the birth its self but lots of things i know now that would make the first few weeks easier! xx

but i would have one of those 4d scans done this time!

Well....
I would try and enjoy my pregnancy and not worry so much at the begining.
I would not wish the last few precious weeks of being pregnant away.
I would want to go into labour naturally and not be induced.
I wouldn't want pre-eclampsia again, it was horrid!
I would buy a rocking crib or rocking moses basket stand, not a static one like we had with Lexie.
I would really hope i could breast feed the next.
I can't wait to do it all over again! xx

Um. I have a few questions:
- Sparky0207: what's the pate aisle??
- Codegirl: Why not c-section? Do you mind telling me about your experience, I'm dead scared about a tear as I feel I'm quite delicate down there... You can PM me if it's too harsh or you feel uncomfortable...
I want a natural birth, actually in a pool, but it's expensive and if anything goes wrong, I'll say "just do it" and also the epidural I'm wondering about... Pros and cons?? xxx

Pate aisle= the aisle in the spermarket were the pate is.

Hang on, pate as in "duck and fine herbs pate"? I was reading it the "a" as "ae" and not "ah" and so it didn't click, doh!! I was wondering what wonderfull pregnancy aisle that was... Obsessed? Pretty much! xxxLOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->