If you are using a routine when are you suposed to leave the blummin house!

We never had a routine as such with Evie was tiny, everything was on demand. If she was hungry we'd feed her, if she was tired, we'd put her down for a nap etc. Some babies respond well to this, some babies do much better in a routine, it's all down the individual. She settled into her own routine by herself and I have to say that at 3 weeks old, she was no where near a routine! Pretty much every minute of every day revolved around feeding, changing, and napping! It'll come with time hun, your LO is still so young and probably quite bewildered by this big outside world!
Evie's 9 and a half months now and has a much more structured day and night routine but even then, there's room for flexibility, for example if we go out :) She's been like this now for a few months, so it does get better :hugs:

Ella 11wks has always had a bedtime routine. Even her first night home down at 10.30pm (our bedtime).
She would sleep until 3am then 7am.
We still do the same but she goes right through and has done since 6wks.
On monday my son went back to school so it meant altering my days. She had got used to being up 7am for change and feed, asleep 8am until 10am.
Now we cant do that so she is up at 7am, grizzly by 9am, back home 9.15am has a bath (odd I know, but early evenings are mad in our house!), fed and asleep by 10am and then does her long 3hrs.
Wakes 1pm, feed, off to school 2.30pm.
If I dont have to collect harry we go shopping/walk in the afternoon.
As long as she goes all night and has long sleep in the morning the rest of the day is up to her.

Hi, I must say that I also am in favour of routine. Carmen has always had a very good night time routine and we used to just go with flow during the day. Saying that Carmen is now sleeping from 10.30-1PM during the day and I do avoid going out at this time unless I really have to. Carmen has never slept well while out cause there is just too much to see : D In a way it does district your life while going out, but it does make it so much easier when you want to get something done in house during the day.

mine have their own little routine but it depends how the night has gone how the day will happen like right now they both should be sleeping but EJ is awake on his playmat caus he woke when i put Nate for his nap but he will be fed before Nate gets up from his nap then Nate will get lunch then EJ go to bed for his nap and me and Nate can have playtime till EJ's next feed then bathtime then dinner ( we do it this way caus bathtime is noisy and exciting and doesnt help them wind down ) then stories and cuddles after dinner when Nate is in his pj's and Ej gets his dinner feed then Nate into bed, Ej's bathtime then final bottle and bed by 8.30 and we are without them for the night
but tonight we are going out for dinner so will have to take the bottles with us lol and skip bath time tonight take their pjs and have them ready for bed before we leave to come home so they can go straight to bed when we get home lol

if im going out I try to do it in the morning and Nate normally has a late morning/afternoon nap so it works better for us to be out in the morning , EJ just sleeps and feeds wherever we are he doesnt care lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->