If you came off Birth Control Pills, when did you start ovulating?

lusterleaf

Reaction score
I was just curious for those of you who came off BCP when you started to ovulate again?

I was on BCP for short cycles/painful periods (cycle was around 22/23 days). I stopped BCP end of June, got my period on June 30. I was expecting to ovulate earlier since I previously had short cycles but it is CD 15 and so far none of my OPK tests have been positive or even remotely close to positive. I have been feeling cramping for a few days now, but nothing.

My first cycle off bcp was about 30 days, then 2.5 to 3 months before getting a period but I did O. After that super long cycle they started getting shorter like 45 days, 38 days, etc. I think most people bounce back quicker from bcps than I did though.

After stopping bcp to ttc my 1st, I never went back on them. Good luck ttc!

I quit taking them last February and immediately got pregnant that month. Ovulated on cycle day 16. It was a chemical unfortunately but then my cycles went crazy and were from 30-45 days long. Just now a year later they are finally about 27-29 days.

I came off my birth control in February of this year after being on it for 5 years, it took me about 3 months to get back to regular ovulation.

I came of the mini pill in feb and was ovulating a few weeks later.
So it can come back strait away.

My cycles have been a bit all over the place tho.
We are still ttc for 6 months and had 3 chemical pregnancies since April. So its probably more the chemicals that have messed with my cycles than coming off the pill.

They do say it takes a good 3 months for ure cycle to regulate after coming off birth control .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->