IF you deviated from the rec. vaccination schedule...

aurora

Reaction score
If.. IF... you did! OR plan to... I'm very much hoping to not get gate crashers in here to debate about vaccinating. =D

I think the vaccination schedule is geared towards 'worst case scanario' (FF, lo going to daycare, etc) and decided to delay starting them to 6 months. My brother and sister did not have theirs at all.

That said...I also plan to not do all of them. So if you deviated from the schedule but still did some...what did you omit and/or what timelines did you go by?

Thank you! :flow:

ETA: What is your opinion on the chicken pox vaccine? Most kids I know got it and it was no big deal. I got it at 18 (from them!) and I was pretty sick but still not close to hopitalization or anything. Seems its not really necessary to me?

i delayed lo's first lot she had hers at first at 15 weeks instead of 8 when i took her to have it done the nurse said it is easier to give probably a bit less painful for lo too because their thighs are that bit chunkier
i also intend to delay her mmr till shes 18m as the opinion is its more effective if given after 15mths
cant really comment on chicken pox as in the uk its not given apparently health proffessionals believe giving a child the chicken pox vaccine can increase the risk of u getting shingles as an adult which kind of makes sence really
sorry cant be more help

I can't answer on what our schedule was because we have decided to stop vaccinating :) My oldest was fully, my middle was partially (we didn't do Hep A, chicken pox or mmr) then decided to stop with both of them and my youngest and this baby on the way will have none.

IMO chicken pox is pointless to give to kids. It is something I will reconsider if they aren't immune by teenage years because it can become more dangerous then but we are undecided on that at this point

IMO chicken pox is pointless to give to kids. It is something I will reconsider if they aren't immune by teenage years because it can become more dangerous then but we are undecided on that at this point

^^ this is my issue with the chicken pox vaccine- we didn't need it as kids because it was almost a given that we'd be exposed to the virus at somepoint before we hit the teen years when it becomes dangerous. Now that everyone is being vaccinated, it's decreasing the chances of being exposed to it at a younger age, when it's preferable to have exposure. Definitely complicates the decision for parents.

We haven't done the varicella vaccine yet, but it's due to medical reasons that we need to delay all live-virus vaccines for at least another 8 months...

In the UK we don't vaccinate against chicken pox, we declined the TB vaccination at six weeks, and we'll have her done before she goes to nursery. We just had the MMR, we delayed it because she had been having a bit of a sickly phase, and I didn't want her having it when she was getting viruses every couple of weeks and run down from teething. We had the rest on time with no ill effects.

Harrison had his first 2 on time... the 3rd set (i cant remember how many weeks?!) was given 4 weeks late as i missed the appointment and they didn't book me in for ages after.. i was secretly pleased, that was a 3 in 1.

Im going to delay his MMR for as long as i can... unless he goes to nursery, in which case i will have to do it on time. Im hoping not.

We dont have the chicken pox vaccine over here, and if we did i wouldnt get him done... id just wait for him to get them, then as mo3c said, id get him done if he hasn't had them by the time he's a teen.

X

I think the UK standard schedule is pretty reasonable so we've done that with the exception of the MMR which was supposed to be at 13 months. We've waited till after 15 months for that, and everything after that will be given with the same gap as usual, so a few months late now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->