if you have ovulation cramps

Soon2bGorda

Reaction score
Do you usually get them before actually ovulating? Are they from the follicle growing or the egg bursting out of the follicle?

I used to think that I ovulated the day of the cramping but now looking back on it I would always get a positive opk day of cramping meaning I cramped during my surge so now im thinking I probably get the prior to ovulation.

What has your experience been?

From what iv read I think the cramping is the egg bursting out of the follicle, sorry I cant be of more help x

Cramping can come before during or just after ovulation, it can be from the cervix opening slightly to allow sperm to enter more easily and also from the egg being ready to be released and sometimes cramps can happen after ovulation from the follicle fluid that is released with the egg, This fluid causes irritation to the endometrium lining. Which does in turn cause cramping.

I usually get intermittent pain in the ovary that builds ups over a few hours on the day of ovulation, until I get some pretty distinctive pain when ovulation actually occurs. Then I usually get some milder pain for the next day or so as things settle down. So it can vary quite a lot.

I get it about 3 days before, usually cramping on both sides, but it's a funny kind of cramping, like someone is squeezing them, I get a lot of twinges as well, it gradually gets worse as the days go on and then I get a large pain where I usually cry out (and scare whoever I'm with half to death) then it's instant relief lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->