If you have PCOS, I need advice!

AngelWings215

Reaction score
I am a 27 year old single mom of one. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 after my cycles disappeared for 5 months.

My cycles were all over the place at first but they have been stable for years. Ranging from 32-36 days. Current dilemma is I'm 3 days late for AF according to my apps and I'm wondering what are the symptoms of an ovarian cyst?

I have sore breasts, bloating, pelvic cramping and throbbing as well as lower back pain. I haven't taken an HPT yet because I don't want to get my hopes up.

My last cycle was 5/30-6/3 and my predicted O day was the 18th. I DTD on 6/4, 6/5, 6/9, 6/14, 6/15, 6/16, 6/17, 6/19, 6/25 and 6/27.

Tested this evening and got a BFN so maybe it's just a crazy cycle

I have pcos, but as far as I know I don't actually get cysts. I will say there had been several times over the years that my period would be late upward of a week or so and I wasn't pregnant. And every time this happened I had full on "pregnancy" symptoms. I will also say that when I got pregnant with my son I was on cycle day 40 and still no period thought my pcos was acting up again, but decided to test and was surprised to see a bfp. I'm sorry post doesn't really help lol just know it is possible either way just keep an eye on things and retest in a few days.

Women with PCOS don't always ovulate. Your body will gear up an egg but not release it. That then turns into a cyst. When they burst it is very painful.
https://www.pcosaa.org/what-is-an-ovarian-cyst/

Eating healthy, taking supplements that aid in pregnancy for those with PCOS, and sometimes seeing a doctor is necessary too. If you see a doctor, you can ask for a blood panel to see if you are deficient in any vitamins. That will effect your cycles and TTC. For example I am low in Iron, B and D - all are very important to TTC.

So I'm now 10 days late for AF with 2 BFN's on $1 store cheapies. I feel pregnant because of my breasts being sore, very bloated, headaches, creamy CM and light cramping here and there but who knows. I'm thinking about buying a digital test

Digital tests are less sensitive I believe. If you are 10 days late and still no positive I would call your doctor and ask for a blood test to be sure. It may just be a long cycle, it happens with pcos.

AF is finally trying to come after being 13 days late. Guess it was just a long cycle

I know this frustration. I swear the TWW is full of pregnancy symptoms no matter what! AF just arrived for me after a long cycle. I know how you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->