if your overdue how far do they usually let you go

spicysugar

Reaction score
erm just wonderin gi know it may sounds silly but if your overdue how long do they let you go before helping you along?

I was 14 days over with my 1st.. they were gonna break my waters on the monday and she decided to come naturally and my waters broke themselves on the sunday evening

:hugs:

Ten to fourteen days in most areas x

Ive been told that you cant go anymore than 12 days over as your placenta stops working. I had to change that in my birth plan as i thought it was 14 days.

My induction was 14 days after (42 weeks), i believe in France its 43 weeks.

xxxx

some midwives offer sweep soon after the EDD but it's best to ask them...

omg this scares me uknow big time, am so scared there guna leave me overdue to long :? (not that am even due yet ,but it does worry me :cry:)

goodluck hoping LO will come on time for u x

7 days where I am.
10 at a push (excuse the pun!).

Come on babies!!!

With my son my doctor would have only let me go about a week overdue. I'm not sure with this one though. Not that far along yet. It may have just been because of my age though (I was 16).

Here the most they like you go go is 14 days and even then they usually want to induce before that. Ultimately though it is your body, your baby, your choice. After my first induction I am going to do anything I can to avoid it. Especially since I don't know my dates etc.so anything could go lol

Got my 40 wk check up tomorrow (OMG its my EDD tomorrow!!!!) and they won't do a sweep until 41 wks but I'm going to ask very, very, very nicely. Over than that its 10 days max.

I don't believe I'd have the option of sooner than 40 weeks because I have a "normal healthy pregnancy" so they won't induce before the due date, but I believe (if I remember correctly) that I can ask for one after 40 weeks.

Sorry, this is a bit of a bugbear of mine. They don't LET you do anything! They can advise you to accept induction, but you can refuse (I did). If you refuse they should then offer you regular monitoring to ensure that baby is fine and the placenta is working well. Remember that you're not even overdue until you hit 42 weeks as a normal human gestation lasts 38-42 weeks.

my area allows you to be 14days past the EDD xx

They won't let you go over 12 days with mine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"