if your overdue how far do they usually let you go

A lady I know really wanted a home birth and once she passed 40 weeks they gave her 4 or 5 sweeps over the course of 14 days to try and help things along but she had to go in for an induction on the 14th day.

It completly depends, on your area policy and your circumstances surrounding ur pregnancy. And to a certain extent whether you are midwife or consultant led

And how much you do or dont want an induction.

i went over 12 days when i was induced but they will leave u for up to 14 days at a push!

My doctor told me they induce you at 41 weeks now, it use to be 42 but for some reason they changed it.. I didnt ask why..Thats in Ontario, i dont know about any where else..

Its 12 to 14 days in my area, it totally depends where you live, hope you get this far though, take care :hugs: XX

I just asked my midwife today. She said depending on how the mother is doing and it you are really tired then 41 weeks... but they will try and hold off til 42 if possible as they think the baby coming naturally is best.... however as we know sometimes you need a helping hand ;)

xxx

I think the average is 10-14 days, as after 40 weeks there is a higher risk of complications, including stillbirth.

You also have to remember in the end they can't tie you down and induce you! Still your choice. They can monitor baby and placenta etc. and you could induce if medically necessary, but could also go over 42 weeks if you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->