Ignore function

KrisKitten

Reaction score
Just a quick q, purely out of interest..
what does it actually do overall?
So you can't recieve messages from the person, or view their posts - does that also mean you cant see threads they have posted?
And you cant see their posts does that mean that you can see everyone elses and its just like theirs dont exist?
Just been confusing me lol, seems like it would mess up the continuity of using the forum if you ignore a regular poster?

(not that i want to lol, just interested in how it works...and i cant test it as a) i wouldnt notice lol and b) i dont want to ignore anyone :haha:
xxx

Yeah you see the next one and can't see theirs, I can't remember what else. I think you can see the thread but when you go on it you can't see what they've said but I might be wrong :wacko:

It puts like a bar where their post is and says something like "this post isnt available as the poster is in your blocked list" or something like that...
So you can clearly see where they have posted & can choose to expand their post for continuity... if that makes sense :)

Ooohh!
That makes sense :thumbup:

Lol toria youll have to really pee me off first :winkwink::haha: xxx

its sort of annoying, as they still pop up... i was hoping it'd be like they just vanished off the face of the earth :haha: but alas, no.

handy though if people reply to them... otherwise threads dont make sense. :)

Thats what i was thinking!
So what if they start a thread?
Is it the same deal? xxx

Erm...i dont know. Ive only got 1 person on mine & they dont use it much i dont think. I think the threads appear as normal but when you open it their post is blocked out as i said above? even tho its the original post, iykwim? then has an option to show it. im not 100% ... xx

ot entirely sure as no one as ever been on my ignore list. No one has pissed me off that much yet lol
xx

U cant see there posts but they can see yours , also if somebody quotes them u can see whats been quoted not sure if that helps ..when they start at thread the op is missing but u can see the replys ...not a ignore queen or anything i promise :blush:

do u mean that the other way round?
You can still se theirs cant you? Coz someone reckons they're ignoring me but i ca still se theres xxx

Nope if someones on your ignore list they can still see your posts. you just cant see theirs, i did it once to someone but it annoyed me because they could still quote me but i couldnt them cos i was ignoring them??

If you ignore them, I think they can still see yours, right?
I wish it could be so they can't see yours too... that would help if you think someone is stalking you from real life!

When you put someone on your ignore list, you don't see their posts .. but they can still see yours ;)

thanka ladies...curiosity satisfied :D
I didnt even think of it just providing you with an option to read or not :dohh:

Yeah it only works 1 way so you cant hide from them iykwim... which is what i wanted to do!

If you ignore them, they are none the wiser & can see you and your posts.

If they ignore you, you wont know & can see their stuff.

:) xx

Yes, and as soon as you take them off your ignore list - everything goes back to normal :D

You can't see threads they have started or posts by them. No bar or anything. You can see their name in the main page where it says 'last post by x', but you can't see the post. You can see it when someone quotes them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->