Ill for 6 weeks :-( Please help

Hoping

Reaction score
Thomas is on his second lot of antibiotics in 6 weeks :-(

It all started with him being off his food, having a cold and a cough, his balance was iffy and he would not sleep/lie down - this went on for a few weeks. Then he got a really bad fever for a few days and kept being sick so Doctor gave him antibiotics as his glands and throat were swollen. He seemed to get a bit better (as in temp went down, balance was better and sleep was a bit better), but he still has not really gone back to eating properly. Now he is back to coughing, being sick and had a temp again. Doctor has given him more antibiotics (different type) - said his glands and throat are up again. He would cry each time he coughed in the night, and was too scared to drink or anything because his throat was so sore.
But surely there must be some reason why his glands keep getting swollen? I am sure the doctors think I am mental, but it worries me and no-one seems to take it seriously. I just think 6 weeks is too long for him to be ill...but then I don't know what I expect them to do either:cry::cry:

Sorry, but has anyone got any advice?

Thanks ladies :)

Hun it sounds like he might have glandular fever. Have the drs checked him for it? It may just be that he is run down and is therefore getting colds on top of each other. Has the dr checked his throat for tonisillitis? Hope he feels better soon.

i dont know what to suggest hun, just keep going back to dr if you are worried.
especially if he isnt drinking enough.

it may just be that he has caught another cold aftrer the first was getting better, but id def get him looked at, just to settle your mind if nothing else :)

My boy recently had swollen glands and a sore throat and I found that they only thing he would eat is yoghurt straight out of the fridge. Have you tried giving your LO yoghurt?

Don't have any other advice though. Maybe see if these anti-biotics work and if they don't, take your LO to a different doctor.

My boy recently had swollen glands and a sore throat and I found that they only thing he would eat is yoghurt straight out of the fridge. Have you tried giving your LO yoghurt?

Don't have any other advice though. Maybe see if these anti-biotics work and if they don't, take your LO to a different doctor.

Hi,
Yes, I have tried yoghurt and sometimes he will take a little bit then starts to spit. He is clearly eating enough to get by, but it is just going on for so long. Thanks for your reply hun!

i have just posted a thread very simular to this, my DS has been poorly for well over two weeks and is on his second lot of antibiotics. It started as a cough which is just not going, then he got a rash all over his body, now the doctors are telling me that it is his ears.

I really hope that these antibiotics work because i feel so sorry for him, he has not slept through the night for about 3 weeks and that is not like him.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! all i am going to do is hope that they work and if they don't i will be down the doctors demanding that he gets full checked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->