Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

xolily i will answer your post here as i couldn't reply to it in the other thread as it was locked.

Yes, i would always call the police if someone was breaking the law and it was affecting me or my family. Someone speeding down the road doesn't affect me directly, someone doing drugs next doors so that i was directly affected by the fumes and the feeling of insecurity would be affecting me :)

I don't like drugs, they are illegal for a reason and hopefully they will stay illegal. Infact, they probably will, which is great.

does it not worry you,that because of your views on drugs,it will increase the chance of your kids taking drugs? it's just because most parents bring their kids up to see that drugs are wrong and bad no matter what,but you's dont seem to have that veiw on drugs. not having ago,just asking

does it not worry you,that because of your views on drugs,it will increase the chance of your kids taking drugs? it's just because most parents bring their kids up to see that drugs are wrong and bad no matter what,but you's dont seem to have that veiw on drugs. not having ago,just asking

I actually think its a case of the opposite, if someone tells you not to do something over and over, then temptation kicks in and makes you want to do it.

As adults we are informed and educated enough to make our own minds up but teens are so succeptible to peer pressure that it often makes them give in to the temptation.

I actually think its a case of the opposite, if someone tells you not to do something over and over, then temptation kicks in and makes you want to do it.

As adults we are informed and educated enough to make our own minds up but teens are so succeptible to peer pressure that it often makes them give in to the temptation.

not true in my case. i was never educated on drugs and have never been tempted to try them :shrug: i guess it was my upbringing and me knowing the difference between wrong and right

I don't believe its how you are raised, but who you are as a person. Both my brother and I were raised the same, I dabbled with drugs when I was younger. He didn't.

One friend has alcoholics for parents, and she refuses to drink a drop of it. Same with other people who's parents smoke pot, they don't. :shrug:

Its also against the law to consume alcohol here before the age of 19 (18 in some provinces) but I don't know of one person who waited until the legal age to have a drink.

The way I see it is that cannabis..Whatever you think of it is an illegal drug. As is heroine..LSD..Cocaine.. Ecstasy.

Would any of you do the latter in front of your children or with you're children in the house??

See i did too, my parents didnt smoke, my mother has never even tried a cigarette in her life, yet i ended up smoking and have done for the last 10 years.

I agree with Tiff. I'm in a family of 4 and our parents are very against drugs, and my mum doesn't dink or smoke. My dad smoked a pipe until his heart attack. 2 of us smoked for a time, 1 is teetotal and these days I'm a very low drinker, my sister fell in with a bad bad man during which time she smoked pot. My oldest brother used to occasionally smoke it though I suspect not now he has a family. We're all different. The two that did the most were due to a group of friends and a boyfriend, nothing to do with parenting. As a teen I would get pot from my sister to give to my friends and even skin up for them as they couldn't do it but I didn't smoke it. Everyone's different.

I don't like drugs, they are illegal for a reason and hopefully they will stay illegal. Infact, they probably will, which is great.

I completely understand your point, and this debate has actually raised some very good points. My initial reason for starting this debate was to discuss whether the government REALLY have our best interests at heart if they allow alcohol and tobacco to be sold when it is proven to be more harmful than other, illegal substances.

I will educate my son on what i know. I don't believe in saying 'drugs are bad. Just because.' I know people who have died from heroin overdoses, had drug induced mania, been alcoholics and much more. If he wants to take drugs, nothing i do or don't say will change that - i just know that i would be able to give him honest, open advice and hope that he makes the right choice. If he doesn't, at least he'll know what he's doing and end up hurt because he's ignorant to the effects.

I don't believe its how you are raised, but who you are as a person. Both my brother and I were raised the same, I dabbled with drugs when I was younger. He didn't.

One friend has alcoholics for parents, and she refuses to drink a drop of it. Same with other people who's parents smoke pot, they don't. :shrug:

Its also against the law to consume alcohol here before the age of 19 (18 in some provinces) but I don't know of one person who waited until the legal age to have a drink.

Same here. I was always told 'just say no' but it didn't work. And in a way, i'm glad it didn't because i wouldn't be the sensible person i am now if i hadn't been through that reckless phase!

people keep saying that this that and the other shouldint be illegal,but it is. therefore YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW. and if i remember correctly most crimes are beacause of drugs. wether,your on them,stealing them,selling them it all boils down to drugs. people that get broken into are by people who are on drugs or stealing to get drugs. so at the end of the day you are funding crime

The way I see it is that cannabis..Whatever you think of it is an illegal drug. As is heroine..LSD..Cocaine.. Ecstasy.

Would any of you do the latter in front of your children or with you're children in the house??

I would not do any drugs while my son was in the house. That includes having a glass of wine!

I don't know why people think that anyone who does take drugs MUST be soooo irresponsible that they'd do it while looking after their kids.

people keep saying that this that and the other shouldint be illegal,but it is. therefore YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW. and if i remember correctly most crimes are beacause of drugs. wether,your on them,stealing them,selling them it all boils down to drugs. people that get broken into are by people who are on drugs or stealing to get drugs. so at the end of the day you are funding crime

I don't think you do remember correctly to be honest. I'd like to see that backed up with some figures.

I would not do any drugs while my son was in the house. That includes having a glass of wine!

I don't know why people think that anyone who does take drugs MUST be soooo irresponsible that they'd do it while looking after their kids.

well if people dont do it around their kids then when they are doing it then they are smoking drugs rather then sitting playing with their kids. iykwim

I'm totally up for education. I won't be all just say no. DH knows enough about almost every drug that he can talk really frankly about them all. But my parenting will the angle that it's not ok. Our challenge will be rationalising DH's teenage years and experience, getting past the 'it was ok for you' attitude.

well if people dont do it around their kids then when they are doing it then they are smoking drugs rather then sitting playing with their kids. iykwim

No i don't get you this time. A lot of parents get a babysitter so they can go for a pint - why do you assume people smoking cannabis are not doing the same thing?

No, most are probably due to ADDICTION, poverty, lack of education, etc.

There is addiction in your community, whether something is illegal or not. And it is not just conventional "drugs", it is prescription drugs, gambling, and so forth. No I do not feel like I am funding a criminal.

Say I smoked once every 2 months, out in the garage or before going out with friends. Same as having a predrink at home or a glass of wine to me. My LO would never be present, she would be with a sitter. When she is older, she would know about weed because usually teenagers smoke it (most people I grew up with at least tried it), we own a television so I am sure she would know about a lot more than weed, and she would have drug education at school, as did I. I would also educate her, because I am a very active parent. Neither of my parents smoked other than when they were teenagers, and I really didn't question my parents behaviour, because they were "old" and not relevant to me.

I think my LO, even at 2 years age, is very smart, and will be able to know the difference between right and wrong when she is a bit older, like I do. I will be watching my daughter as she grows up, and I think if she does have an addiction problem, I would deal with it then. I don't believe me having the occasional smoke will effect her AT ALL.

No i don't get you this time. A lot of parents get a babysitter so they can go for a pint - why do you assume people smoking cannabis are not doing the same thing?

Because there was a lady either in this thread or the other one that say's she smokes in on a daily basis?? And another lady who say's her OH smokes it...When the kids are in bed:shrug:

well,while your smoking drugs you could be spending time with your child helping them to learn and grow. and fyi i dont get a babysitter to go out "for a pint"

One smoke outside while a kid is in bed and there is another adult present is not going to do anything harmful, other than to the actual person smoking it. Don't be so ridiculous. You would not be ranting and raving over a mom having a glass of wine and reading a magazine on the couch, while their husband was home and the kid was in bed.

I think you are just here to offend people and start a fight, xbabybumpx aka perfect parent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->