Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

I must be one hell of a bad mother because not only do i smoke and drink, i leave Brooke at home with OH so i can go out clubbing and partying to do it :dohh:

Nevermind the fact that i work my backside off 3 days a week and play mum 24/7 ... i dont think "me" time, in whatever way you choose is wrong and makes you a bad person!!

but you dont take drugs though do you? thats what the debate is about,its not about wether you go out and have a drink or not :kiss:

And THERE is the debate. Alcohol IS a drug. As is tobacco. And caffeine. To assume that one is safer than the other because it's legal is naive.

how can you compare caffeine to weed?:haha:

Whats the deal with that? Do people put caffeine into the same league as alcohol and tobacco, as technically they are all a drug, and a legal one at that.

I must be one hell of a bad mother because not only do i smoke and drink, i leave Brooke at home with OH so i can go out clubbing and partying to do it :dohh:

Nevermind the fact that i work my backside off 3 days a week and play mum 24/7 ... i dont think "me" time, in whatever way you choose is wrong and makes you a bad person!!

but you dont take drugs though do you? thats what the debate is about,its not about wether you go out and have a drink or not :kiss:

Not illegal drugs no, but i thought this debate was about legal vs illegal?

I dont see smoking and drinking as taking drugs, but others may do? :)

oh is that the title:haha: i dont see cigs or alcohol as a drug either,BUT i hate what drink does to people though. It ruined my wedding,rather the people behind it did,just alcohol made it 10x worse:nope:

And THERE is the debate. Alcohol IS a drug. As is tobacco. And caffeine. To assume that one is safer than the other because it's legal is naive.

:dohh: because they're both drugs. To save me repeating myself a hundred times over, could i please suggest you go back to the beginning and read this thread to get an understanding of what the debate really is about? No offence intended - i just can't be bothered to explain!

:dohh: because they're both drugs. To save me repeating myself a hundred times over, could i please suggest you go back to the beginning and read this thread to get an understanding of what the debate really is about? No offence intended - i just can't be bothered to explain!

i dont care what caffiene is reffered to,its in a totally different league to weed

Whats the deal with that? Do people put caffeine into the same league as alcohol and tobacco, as technically they are all a drug, and a legal one at that.

This is exactly it. I am 100% addicted to caffeine and apparently that's ok. Even though it is a drug and poisons your body. But having the occasional smoke and not being addicted at all is wrong. I'm debating all aspects of all drugs, laws and education for example - if we all just either said 'drugs are baaaad, mkay?' Or 'no they're not' it would be one boring debate!

i dont care what caffiene is reffered to,its in a totally different league to weed

Who said it was in the same league? That's the point of comparisson, is it not? To find the differences as well as the simarities?

This is exactly it. I am 100% addicted to caffeine and apparently that's ok. Even though it is a drug and poisons your body. But having the occasional smoke and not being addicted at all is wrong. I'm debating all aspects of all drugs, laws and education for example - if we all just either said 'drugs are baaaad, mkay?' Or 'no they're not' it would be one boring debate!

drinking caffeine doesint lead you on to harder stuff,ie full fat coke:haha: neither have i heard it causes death or anything remotley bad,apary from the sugars which increases the likelyhood of obseity

Most prescription painkillers have caffeine in them. I'll have to look it up but something about how it enhances the effect of the rest of the drug?

Kind of like how if you have a headache when pregnant a common "cure" is to have a small glass of coke or pepsi. The caffeine will help. :shrug:

drinking caffeine doesint lead you on to harder stuff,ie full fat coke:haha: neither have i heard it causes death or anything remotley bad,apary from the sugars which increases the likelyhood of obseity

An overdose of caffeine can cause death. And your body does build up a tolerance to it so that the coffee to make you feel human in the morning turns into an espresso, then pro plus then a whole packet of pro plus. I've seen it happen. And i know of someone who mistook pure caffeine for protein shake and he died. So did his dog after licking the cup clean.

Ot I think to be with your Lo all day every day is unhealthy( imo)

Should I feel guilty for leaving Lo with MIL to go to a Pendulum gig with Oh, no cos we are all human and we need a break sometimes and as Tiff says life doesnt stop when you have babies. If we as parents dont learn how can we teach our kids.

FYI I dont do drugs or smoke, never tried but I do drink.
Having a glass of wine when Los in bed does not make you a bad parent so I suppose have a splif in the garden when Los are asleep does not either

Most prescription painkillers have caffeine in them. I'll have to look it up but something about how it enhances the effect of the rest of the drug?

Kind of like how if you have a headache when pregnant a common "cure" is to have a small glass of coke or pepsi. The caffeine will help. :shrug:

It's also commonly found in cocaine and pills for the same reason!

And if i don't drink pepsi for two days i get a severe headache. That's addiction.

we are advised not to drink caffeine while pregnant over here,dont know why but its bloody crazy. but we are "allowed" paracetomol. crazy eh?

It's also commonly found in cocaine and pills for the same reason!

And if i don't drink pepsi for two days i get a severe headache. That's addiction.

i suppose the bottom line is,you either have an addictive personality or you dont. Alot of people beleive that,people who i know,not statistics. i drink coke zero but dont get withdrawls if i dont have it:shrug:

we are advised not to drink caffeine while pregnant over here,dont know why but its bloody crazy. but we are "allowed" paracetomol. crazy eh?

It's because caffeine is a drug that can cause birth defects. Paracetamol doesn't. Makes sense to me :)

It's because caffeine is a drug that can cause birth defects. Paracetamol doesn't. Makes sense to me :)

Didint tiff say there is caffeine in over the counter drugs? ie paracetomol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"