I'm a bit dim but.....

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
We're going to a wedding in 2 weeks and I need to pick my main course tonight.

Now I am a fussy eater at best of times but more so now.

Here are the main courses:

1. Sirloin of beef with a red wine sauce etc....

2. Salmon with champagne sauce and Atlantic prawns

3. Vegetarian dish ( deep fried vegetables )

I don't like salmon and I'm not keen on the idea of deep fried veg so it will have to be beef....do you think I will get to pick how I want the beef cooked? Also will the red wine sauce be ok?
I'm sorry I may seem a bit dim but I'm not used to eating such posh food at best of times let alone at a wedding when pregnant!

Think the beef will pros be braised so cooked thoroghly xx and any alcohol in the wine will be cooked off so itds just the flavour not the alcohol content xx hope this helps xxx

Not dim at all! :hugs:

Actually quite brave... going to a wedding whilst pregnant is pretty brave from the food point of view. Since me tastes change over time, what I like today I may hate in 2 weeks time.... :nope:

At a wedding, I would EXPECT the sirloin of beef to be a nice joint of roast beef, carved in thin slices, with a red wine sauce on the side (or poured over it). Sirloin is very rarely braised in sauce (Sirloin is served either as a sliced joint or a steak). Of course they could be serving a sirloin steak at the wedding... (if it was "beef braised in a red wine sauce", I would expect it to say just that). BUT menu writers are known to be a bit inaccurate sometimes...

The beef sounds yummy, but if you don't eat pink beef (which most people avoid during pregnancy), then the vege option is the safest option (sounds like Vegetable Tempura to me...).

How well do you know the bride/groom? Many brides and grooms do food "tastings" before the wedding, so - if you know them well enough to ask them - they would probably be able to tell you.

Good luck and enjoy your wedding - I love weddings :)

QT

It's my hubby's friends and he's just asked about the food and this is his response:

YOu could tell them what way you want your beef cooked
when they ask you at the table i think there all around medium,

Sirloin of beef red wine sauce with veg/potatoes etc..

Salmon will be cooked like a darn of salmon and has small prawns
around it (very nice) with veg/potatoes etc..sauce

Havent really a clue what the vegetarian dish consists of
it just says on the menu:

Deep fried vegetables in a crispy batter
with a spinach cream sauce

I think I may go for the veg then....

I was at a wedding a couple weeks ago. They asked how I wanted my beef cooked, I asked for well done but they brough it the same as everyone elses, medium rare. I ended up just eating the edges that were cooked through, giving the rest to hubby & making him give me his vegtables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->