i'm a bum

nada87

Reaction score
i haven't done any house work in weeks. i'm so tired all of the time that i lay on the couch after dh gets home from work and i watch him clean everything. i think the most i've done it almost 3 months is clean the living room, master bedroom and bathroom like 4 times each. oh and i did dishes twice. i asked dh if he was ready to kill me yet and he said "your pregnant, going to school full time, taking care of the kids full time and working part time. i can do the cleaning" it sounds nice and all but he says it so much it seems like he's trying to remind himself so he doesn't strangle me.
is anyone else feeling like they don't do anything?

That sounds like me! After working all day (I stand all day at work for the most part too) I'm absolutely useless in the evenings. I've done most of the laundry and cleaned the bathroom once and done the dishes a few times and maybe cooked a few meals and that's it. Mostly I have the energy to lie on the couch. My dh is awesome though and keeps telling me he needs to take extra special care of me since I'm creating life lol. I feel guilty but even that takes more energy than I have hehehehe. I'm hoping that I'll have a little more energy in second tri.

thankfully i know that the second tri will be easier and i won't be working as much (thank god christmas is almost here- i work retail) but i still feel like a bum.
but i have been doing the laundry and grocery shopping every week (except this week cuz i'm to tired).
it's nice to know i'm not alone

Yeah, I haven't cooked OH dinner in...8 or 9 weeks. Or cleaned the house. I did the dishes a few times when I felt up to it and cooked some food for him that went into the fridge (he didn't like it that much *sigh*) and I am planning on doing dinner tonight as I don't feel so awful. I feel really bad about it, hopefully I'll be able to do more soon as I have more energy. I didn't realize how much I did around the house until I stopped doing it.

Same here, I haven't done any cleaning. DH has been REALLY great with that, although I still cook the meals. I think it's a good compromise!!

Me too hun. Ive become really lazy. I still cook and do the washing but OH does all the cleaning. Hes goodlike that..goodjob really!

another bum here lol..although i have a whip round and tidy up its just not the same.im only doing it cus noone else will,but the joy of keeping my house tidy and organised has gone out the window.I hope i get cracking today though....got family here tomorrow :(

Lol, so great to see I'm not the only one! DH been working abroad for two weeks and he's due back in about 4 hours. The house looks like a clothing and dirty dishes grenade has gone off in it! And what am I doing? I'm in bed with morning sickness and absolutely no energy. Will probably have a shower and do some tidying at the last minute! Hubby is great and has told me to keep my feet up, but would feel guilty for him to come home to this xx

im the same! Im normally Mrs ocd hubby calls me monica from friends but since i got my bfp ive had no energy whatsoever....have promised myself today i will totally gut the whole house before putting the xmas tree up tonight....still trying to make myself move off this computer chair...how you ladies that already have toddlers manage this i dont know but you deserve medals! I always said when my first lo was 3 id be trying for baby no2....im now waiting until no1 is started at school! lol xx

Lol, so great to see I'm not the only one! DH been working abroad for two weeks and he's due back in about 4 hours. The house looks like a clothing and dirty dishes grenade has gone off in it! And what am I doing? I'm in bed with morning sickness and absolutely no energy. Will probably have a shower and do some tidying at the last minute! Hubby is great and has told me to keep my feet up, but would feel guilty for him to come home to this xx

hahaha!!! same as mine! washing everywhere on chairs on the flippin dinning table...well least i washed and folded it lol!:wacko:

yep i normally keep up to everything but i just cant be bothered right now lol it i doing my head in thoughi need to move my back side lol xxx

hahaha!!! same as mine! washing everywhere on chairs on the flippin dinning table...well least i washed and folded it lol!:wacko:

He he, that's more than I've done! Still in bed, watching silly Christmas movies. 2 and a half hours to go! :haha: xx

im the same! Im normally Mrs ocd hubby calls me monica from friends but since i got my bfp ive had no energy whatsoever....have promised myself today i will totally gut the whole house before putting the xmas tree up tonight....still trying to make myself move off this computer chair...how you ladies that already have toddlers manage this i dont know but you deserve medals! I always said when my first lo was 3 id be trying for baby no2....im now waiting until no1 is started at school! lol xx

yeah i have a one yr old and a 3 yr old. somedays i think i should have spaced them furthur apart but i'll be 41 when this one turns 18 so i will be free to enjoy life after they grow up.
my kids are actually pretty good so it's not to bad around here. dd spends ds's nap time cuddling with me on the couch watching a movie.

Im becoming a bum too...sometimes i have lots of energy and other times i don''t feel like touching anything.

lol thats so funny. I always always clean my house.. to the point of being ocd (I have two sheep dogs, but you wouldn't even know it unless you heard them bark or spotted them)But I got so fed up with doing everything that I freaked out on my dh. I actually left the house yesterday at 8am and told him I wasn't coming home until he had cleaned every inch of the house....needless to say I didn't come home till about 10pm and half of it still wasn't done so I went to my girlfriends and watched a movie... It felt so good to get out of the house and as much as I love my hubby...god did I want to get away from him and that mess lol... when I came home..the house was cleaned

I fell shattered all the time. My poor OH has been doing all the cooking as I can't face cooking or the smell of food cooking.

I have been managing to get some house work done, but enough to make us look fairly presentable but I feel ok at the moment and intend to get cracked on with cleaning and other housework.

I haven't got long left in the 1st tri and really hope I get some energy back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->