Im a grown woman...

bathbabe

Mum to 3 boys
Reaction score
Yet I dont know how to tell my mum :dohh:
This is my second baby, my son will be 5 this year and im soon to be 26! Why oh why is this so hard?!?!
I was going to leave it until id had my 12 week scan but all my drs letters etc go to her house :dohh:

Any ideas?! Im REALLY stuck on how to tell her but the worse thing is... I know she will be happy!! Its just my anxiety playing up :grr:

Xx

Can you maybe show her a pic of a positive test?

Is there a reason you are so anxious to tell her since you said you know she'll be happy?

If you know she'll be happy, I'd say anything goes! Picture, just telling her, t-shirt, mug, card, etc.

I'm 30 and we had an unplanned pregnancy at the worst time possible. I sent my mom a pic of the test asking for her to call me. I started crying as soon as she picked up because I was so scared of telling DH. Then with my MIL and FIL I was terrified to tell them because of the poor timing and circumstances. I cried on the way to their house because I was so scared. They were amused and happy.

I know it can be hard telling people (regardless of age), but I say if you know she'll have a good reaction, just go with whatever you think is best or fun or cute or practical. :)

I'm the same!! 27, married, 3 kids, good job, but still nervous! I think its because this will make 4 and that just seems like a big number!!

I'm nervous to tell my parents and my MIL and FIL too! I'm 25, I've been with DH almost ten years and we are married but the idea of telling them still scares me. I know they'll be thrilled. Well, I hope they will at least. I'm making a bandana saying "big sister" for my dog. That way I won't actually have to say the words "I'm pregnant". :haha:

After ltttc and a previous loss I knew our family would all be pleased for us. I still freaked out and told them all over text message though!

Thanks ladies!
Its just my anxiety thats holding me back, I just cant get the words out.
I chickened out the first time and just text her lol, I think she deserves to be told better this time! But i know im gunna burst into tears :dohh: Its just the way I am! Even tho im VERY excited and VERY happy haha xx

I am married, own my own home, have 2 kids already and I was still afraid to tell my parents that we're expecting #3. I think it was mostly because they are my only babysitters (DH's family lives out of state). I am an only child and they're not used to having so many little ones running around so it makes me wonder if they are going to eventually reject babysitting duty lol :haha:

Yup, feel the same! Ive been putting it off for ages now. Last time I fainted outside while I was with her and she let on she had already guessed! That was worse. Definitely have to tell her this time. Planning on just blurring it out,then its done!

I wasn't afraid to tell my parents but I was nervous and the words I am pregnant weren't coming out of my mouth. I told my mom I had a parasite leeching the life out of me... she got it luckily and was really happy. It can be hard maybe find a way to hint it in, that might help?

I think sometimes just saying the words "I'm pregnant" is just sooooo hard to say!

Even now when I have to tell someone for x, y, or z reason, it feels so awkward and I'd just rather not lol

With this being unplanned and at the worst time ever, I was absolutely terrified of telling DH. Like worse than the idea of it being bad timing (though I was still exited except for the prospect of telling DH and his parents). I couldn't even spit out the words for him, so I just showed him a picture of the positive test instead. He asked whose it was. I was hiding under the covers in bed, mumbling "mine" lol

When it was time to tell his parents, DH couldn't even say that I'm pregnant. The best he could spit out was that we learned that our birth control failed in December :haha: He spit it out pretty fast. His mom had to ask if that's what he meant lol

But the words can most definitely be hard to spit out, and I do understand the anxiety behind telling (I was a nervous wreck telling my mom about DD).

I finally managed to get thru to the midwife yesterday and shes going to post me my booking appointment thru. Which will go to my mums house! So i think im just gunna show her the letter when i get it!? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->