im at the end of my tether

One more thing I will add. I gave and gave to my kids too as I didn't want them to go without. But part of the thing that did help was not buying Jayden the things he wanted when he asked and not so often. He rarely gets a new toy anymore, etc.

thats my trouble, he gets everything he wants,and i mean everything. I spoil him when im out, even when hes not with me, and i give into everything he wants for an easy life. Think im gonna have to curb this a bit.

It does sound like this may be your biggest problem, if he always gets what he wants then he expects it and doesn't know how to deal with not getting it. I know that it's so hard not to give into them, but as soon as you do they realise that that's how you get what you want and they try even harder.

One more thing I will add. I gave and gave to my kids too as I didn't want them to go without. But part of the thing that did help was not buying Jayden the things he wanted when he asked and not so often. He rarely gets a new toy anymore, etc.

thats my trouble, he gets everything he wants,and i mean everything. I spoil him when im out, even when hes not with me, and i give into everything he wants for an easy life. Think im gonna have to curb this a bit.

I tend to think this is the problem because he knows he can work you. I'd entirely put a stop to it and not buy him a thing for awhile. And after that point, only buy him anything when he isn't with you and when he least expects it and not so often.

hi ive been through this 3 times before i think they all go through it at this sort of age but when they throw them selves on the floor crying & screaming i just ignored them as the more you pay attention to them the more they will do it & as for getting up out of bed you could either put a stair gate on his bedroom door or when he stands at the top of the stairs calling his dad you could go up get him by the hand & guide him back to bed it might take a few weeks of doing this before he stops getting up , the last thing you want to do is bring him down the stairs as i made that mistake with my oldest son & he is now 14 . violet xx

I think age 3 is worse than age 2 :dohh:

Try rewards, bribery, guilt you name it :lol: Joe definitely eats better now his sister is eating what he is eating. I just say Katie is going to win :lol: and of course no boy wants to be beat by a girl :muaha:

The sccreaming on the floor best to ignore and not to give in too. I spoiled my 3rd child :dohh: learned my lesson and haven't with these two. If they want something let them want, they'll soon get bored crying.

I think their eating and behaviour changes once they're at nursery/school as they watch other little boys and girls eating/being good etc and it rubs of :D

:hugs:

Ewan is at playgroup and is actually picking up some bad habits from it, although he is pretty well behaved there as they have very clear boundaries.

I would recommend the time out or star charts or removing a favorite toy if he is being naughty. Ewan sits on the stairs for 3 mins if he is naughty and he hates it because it is by the back door and he cant see what is going on.

What ever you do you have to be consistent which is really hard, i am trying the NO means NO thing but it is very wearing. THe hardest i find is when we are out, what i shoudl do is as soon as he plays up to take him back to the car untill he quiets down, but my mum tells me off for doing it. I find that Ewan is much better behaved if he is out with just me, if mum is with us he will play up more.
Good luck, its soo hard at times.

I've got all this to come, but I'm sending you :hug:

Hang in there xx

Sorry I'm getting to this late, but I had to respond. As the mom of a VERY willful and stubborn 2 year old (where does he get that? I have no idea! :blush::rofl:](*,)) I feel for you. My things that have worked well: I leave the room if he goes postal. He hates not having an audience. That is one of the single-most successful things I have done. Also, I've had to limit treats because he was beginning to expect it, i.e. a new matchbox car everytime we go to the store, etc. I also try to give him more limited choices so he feels involved. He can't choose the big things but does he want to wear this or this or go wash his hands now or after he does so and so. It seems to work, he has become quite the little helper. Of course every child is different. I have to pick my battles or my head would explode because mine is one STUBBORN child! :rofl: Seriously, I wish you the best of luck and I hope it gets better soon.

sorry, only just saw all these new replies. Thank u everyone. Its his birthday 2 weeks today, and again he is going to be spoilt rotten. But after that, theres going to be nothing because im determined to save to visit my sister in Germany.

He was a good boy getting dressed today, a fluke, so ill see what hes like tomorrow when we have to be up early for nursery.

mamafy - please tell me u were kiddin when u said 3 is worse than 2?!! x

Hmm, for me 3 was worse than 2 (he could talk more) and 4 was almost as bad as 3. 5 there has been an improvement and hoping 6 in the next few months will be an even bigger improvement. :rofl:

My son is a Taurus through and through. I am too but I am so not like the normal Taurus person.

BTW, mine is testing my patience today. Just when I said he was being good yesterday to OH and even went and bought him a game (as a surprise) because he had been good, it turned around today. :dohh: I jinxed myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->