im banning myself from google! the route if all evil!

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
We all do it... Something pops up again and we head back to Google to terrify ourselves!!! This is my third baby and I'm terrified something will go wrong. I was the same with my second. Can't wait to hit 12 weeks and just take a sigh of relief!!! Anyone else wanna wait it out with me? We can try to distract each other from worrying! I may have to ban myself from Google!!!!!

Tell me about it! I've also stopped reading posts on here that are about miscarriage as they have scared me stupid as I'm only 6 weeks!

me too :(
im convinced im going to here bad news tomorrow at my first u/s .
im driving myself crazy:wacko:

Made it all the way to week 12 and I'm still petrified - I don't have my first scan until Tuesday either! I hate Dr Google, I was terrible with my first baby but possibly even worse this time. I will be VERY relieved to say goodbye to the first trimester.

I'm exactly the same, I thought once I got my bfp I would leave Google alone but I'm worse
Can't stop reading about miscarriage statistics and scaring myself about silent miscarriage. Doesn't help that my friend went through this a few months ago. Worried as I have no symptoms apart from sore boobs

Pushmug so pleased to see you have your bfp too seems our viscosity issues didn't stop up! Yeah!

Google had me convinced that all that weird bubbles were cervical dysplasi

Ahh

Oops, sorry phone spazzed out. What i was saying was that it had me thinking twenty thousand things while all it was, was my sweet pea snuggling down. Im only five weeks in so i still need to be careful and its my first baby on top of that.

I always add 'success stories' onto every google search! x

Yes that's a good idea adding the success story bit! I know it's up to nature to decode what will be but it's a limbo isn't it? Not quite able to plan ahead and get excited and just hopeful all will be well! Ahh and breathe!!!!!

I've been addicted to google too, and it's driving me crazy! When I was TTC, I would read statistic after statistic about infertility, convinced I would never get pregnant. Now that I got my BFP, I've been spending hours researching mc, driving myself crazy with worry!

Google will have you convinced that having a healthy baby is damn near impossible! I just have to keep reminding myself that, although mc is not uncommon, most pregnancies actually end in... BABIES! If 20% of all pregnancies end in mc, that means I have a 4 out of 5 chance of this pregnancy being successful. So more likely than not, everything will be fine. It helps me keep all these scary stats in perspective.

Plus, my husband has been really excited about the pregnancy. I feel like I've been a total buzzkill. I need to chill out, leave Google alone, and enjoy being pregnant!

Mild mango that is my aim, iv waited so long for this and all I'm doing is stressing. Needs to stop so I can enjoy this

I've been addicted to google too, and it's driving me crazy! When I was TTC, I would read statistic after statistic about infertility, convinced I would never get pregnant. Now that I got my BFP, I've been spending hours researching mc, driving myself crazy with worry!

Google will have you convinced that having a healthy baby is damn near impossible! I just have to keep reminding myself that, although mc is not uncommon, most pregnancies actually end in... BABIES! If 20% of all pregnancies end in mc, that means I have a 4 out of 5 chance of this pregnancy being successful. So more likely than not, everything will be fine. It helps me keep all these scary stats in perspective.

Plus, my husband has been really excited about the pregnancy. I feel like I've been a total buzzkill. I need to chill out, leave Google alone, and enjoy being pregnant!
I feel the same!!! I have been avoiding anything that has to do with MC because I will convince myself that it
Will happen. Love that you said most pregnancies end with baby's!! So true!! 80% is much higher than 20% so I need to take a chill pill and enjoy this miracle that I have longed for!!!
H&H 9 months!!

I'm exactly the same, I thought once I got my bfp I would leave Google alone but I'm worse
Can't stop reading about miscarriage statistics and scaring myself about silent miscarriage. Doesn't help that my friend went through this a few months ago. Worried as I have no symptoms apart from sore boobs

Pushmug so pleased to see you have your bfp too seems our viscosity issues didn't stop up! Yeah!

hey there , CONGRATS on ur BFP ... yay :happydance:
i thought i would need iui as most drs told me i might need it since dhs semen was too viscous (TMI)

Great advice, I need to do the same as well as stop testing like a mad person! Have convinced myself it's chemical, ectopic, anything but a normal pregnancy!!

At 30dpo (and after a succession of lovely progessing tests) I have finally given up poas!!!

You are not alone :D I've actually found the 'daily % of mc' website really helpful though, watching it drop every day and the little graph! Every day is a milestone. And I've set myself little targets to split the time up lol.

Like... Call midwife on this day.
Book private scan on this day, for such and such day.

I can't deal with massive waits!!!!! So this is how I'm coping! I also decided to confide in one real life friend, and that has lifted a weight off too!

Omg yes... I check that website every morning!

Well it's good to know we are not alone in our neuroticness!!! 80% is a huge statistic which makes me feel better! Also we Google like crazy but just remember the mums that don't worry and have normal pregnancies don't post success stories often because they're not over analysing everything so that means there is more bad stories online than positive hense why we keep finding bad stuff to make us worry! X

I feel so much more less insane after reading these posts. I HAVE to quit with Google. This poor baby is gonna come out an overachiever with every number, measurement, and time frame I want it to hit in there! OooOOoooo what I hate about Google is the ladies that are NEGATIVE!! Someone will be like "miscarriage goes down after you see the HB right?!" and some lady will be like "No me, my mother, my sister, my cousin, my best friend, and every person I have ever known has had a miscarriage after seeing a HB. I hope you die with anixiety now!" I just wanna virtually punch them lmao

Ha, why do you think I changed my avatar :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->