I'm finally here!

July28th

Reaction score
We've waited a month or so longer than we first thought, but we're finally TTC! Or at least we will be once AF is over. I think I probably fit in here best... I'm not planning on charting or anything, at least for the first few months.

I've had 2 cycles since coming off the pill, first 39 days, second 35. Here's hoping they continue to get shorter. I have a feeling I might have quite irregular periods now I'm not on the pill.

My hubby and I are both 25, TTC #1. Does anyone not have a TTC buddy yet?

Hey!

I came off the pill at the beginning of Aug and just finished first AF , it took 80 days to arrive. TTC no 1 too. I am 23 dh is 26.

x

That was a long cycle! I hope the next one's not that long. What pill were you on? Hope you get your BFP soon!

I really hope I don't have that long a wait too! It's a nightmare knowing when to test. I was on Yasmin most recently probably been on it a year? Before that I was on loads of different pills after I had trouble with moodswings whilst on Loestrin (sp) which I was on after Microgynon stopped working which I was on for years and years. All in all been on the pill for 9 years I think.

I don't have an official TTC or NTNP buddy as such - not sure how you aquire one (lol) but I have added some in the friends section and spoken to some people in private messages.

x

This will be our first month trying really. We've been using the withdrawal method for the last few months since I came off the pill. I'm so impatient already! I think I'll be a nightmare by the end of the month. My sister got pregnant first month trying... I'm hoping it won't take us too long either.

It was interesting, I didn't really notice any side effects when I was on the pill, but since I came off it I've been feeling a lot happier in general, and me and DH have been getting on a lot better. I didn't think about it at the time, but I think the hormones affected me more than I realised.

I guess people just find buddies that are about the same stage as them... thought it would be fun to find some people to share the journey with!

It was interesting, I didn't really notice any side effects when I was on the pill, but since I came off it I've been feeling a lot happier in general, and me and DH have been getting on a lot better. I didn't think about it at the time, but I think the hormones affected me more than I realised.

Very much the same. I never felt particularly bad on the pill, but once I stopped it I realised how much of an effect it had - my moods improved and my non-existent sex drive returned!

I'm happy to buddy up - this is my second cycle, I'm 27, OH 28 and TTC our first :D Currently 8 DPO so waiting for AF.

And me! And me! My OH & I are both 26, I'm 10 DPO, first proper cycle. Elhaym, you're so right about the non-existent sex drive :haha: I guess its natures way of helping you catch that egg! x

Buddies then ladies? Too late, it's going in my sig. :haha:

Dumpling - it's like 11 years caught up with me at once. :eek: I felt bad for my OH as he has always had a very high sex drive - at least I can keep up with him some of the time now. :haha: I definitely feel an increase around ov time too.

Ahahaha Elhaym you actually made me laugh out loud & scare the cat!

:rofl:

Sorry kitty! Is that the cutie in your avatar? We have a 4 year old black and white boy. :D

Yup the pill does have it's side affects and I am NOT going back on it! EVER.

I feel really silly, I didn't know you just added your buddies names in you signiture, thought there might be a magic button somewhere that you clicked, a bit like adding friends. What a dumb ass!

x

Yep! Higher sex drive has been one good thing coming off the pill... I don't think my husband knew what had hit him the first couple of weeks! I'm not really sure when I'm ovulating though, as I'm not charting or anything. We're just gonna try and BD every 2-3 days and see what happens.

How are you working out when you ovulate?

RaspberryK I've only just figured out how to accept your friend request so you're not the only one still learning! I can't even find a normal smiley face!

:rofl:

Sorry kitty! Is that the cutie in your avatar? We have a 4 year old black and white boy. :D

Yep thats my catbaby, he's 18 months old & fab! Such a pretty boy. I always thought I was a dog person until we got him & now I think I could quite happily collect kittens!

RaspberryK, do you want to be buddies too...? :blush:

How are you all doing? Elhaym and Dumpling, you look like you're getting close to testing? Hope it's a good result for you both! xx

RaspberryK I've only just figured out how to accept your friend request so you're not the only one still learning! I can't even find a normal smiley face!

You can add cool stuff in if you click advanced reply or if you know the shortcut key for the smiley.

x

Nooo won't be testing, there's no point, I completely missed it this month so I don't think I'll waste a test on it! Maybe next month...!

I wasted loads in my first cycle so I will try to wait to test til I am really late or get some kind of obvious symptom.
You're not out til the wicked witch shows though Dumpling.
Good luck ladies.
If I had a the average 28 day cycle I would Ov in 3 days so FX that I am in the mood for some BD !

x

I think I've probably got somewhere between a week and two weeks until I ovulate, so we'll see how it goes. I was a nightmare my first month off bcp. All the symptoms of course could have also been pregnancy symptoms, even though DH was pulling out, so the chances of being pregnant were so small! Of course I got about 3 BFNs before AF showed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->