Im going to try posting here also...confused :(

nmh1986

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
This is a double post, I posted in another forum also, I hope thats ok, but...Just so confused, hoping another post might yield more minds, maybe more ideas....
My name is Denise, and I am a long term stalker, but since I am not confused I guess I should finally make a post lol. I am 28 years old and had a tubal ligation done in 2011. However, since then, I have met my fiance and couldnt be happier, and down the line we will be looking into a reversal. In the meantime, we have been using no protection since I do, infact, have a tubal ligation. In late march, I had what seemed to be pregnancy symptoms, nausea, light headedness, fatigue, and extreme thirst, as well as some sore boobs and cramping as well as back pain, tried to chalk it all off, but tested anyways, hoping that would put my mind at ease....it didnt....took three tests, all had faint positives! Waited two more days, took another two tests....both now negative, no hint or sign of a positive. At this point I decided to call my doc, since I know my chances are extremely slim and also a risk of ectopic. Well, before I saw doc, period came, so I cancelled appointment and went on with life. Period was odd, light purplish actually, not as heavy, and no clots and not near as bad of cramps. Here I am now, period should NOT be here, since period began March 29th and ended April 3rd, but with another period....way way early Now besides being way super early, this period is also odd.....started as (I know this is all TMI) brown...and then went to the deep red, almost purplish looking blood once again...and again this time...no clots, which is unusual since I do usually have clotting. Im racking my head wondering what is going on! Im having bad cramps with this one, not as much blood, but evident enough I need a tampon, and just mind struck on what it could be........has anyone else dealt with this? Could I have possibly miscarried? I have a call into the doctor...again....to at least try to find out what is going on, and I know my chances are slim, and I hate to say it, but even if it is a miscarriage, would be a blessing to know a tube might possibly be open.....Im just confused and lost, my periods are never ever early, normally they run late or right on time. Is it possible to get a positive test three times and then run negative two days later?Would an HCG show positive this late if it was a miscarriage? Could they also tell by doing an ultrasound?
I am so sorry for so many questions, my mind is just all over the place!
Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Unfortunately, the only way to detect if it was really a miscarriage would have to of been right after you got those faint positives. At this point, if they tried to look it wouldnt tell them much. Not unless you were really far along like 8 weeks or so.

You could try doing another HPT just to ease your mind but I would definitely check on your tubes with your doc! It could be possible that you has a chemical pregnancy but again, won't really know for sure. But faint positives are still positives.

I would definitely suggest getting a HSG test done if you can afford it/insurance covers it. They will put dye in your tubes and see if it goes into your ovaries or not.

Thank you so much for your response!
My mind is just going everywhere with this. We want children and want the tubal reversed, but we werent expecting something so odd. No I cant see it being 8 weeks, I monitor my cycles with an app and it would have been way to early, I am guessing 5 weeks tops. I still have not heard from the doctor today about getting in to see them. I was also thinking of getting an HSG also, just to see if maybe there is an open tube? Just wish I knew what was going on, cramps feel intense, but besides being able to say I have cramps, both of these periods are not like usual ones I have, and then to throw 3 positive tests and two negative tests in the mix :shrug:....Im so confused...
Thank you again so much for your response, being in the dark is no fun I wish the doc would call me back, fingers crossed she does tomorrow.

I hope she does! And yes, an HSG is really the best test for that. I had one done after my ectopic to make sure there wasn't any damage to the tubes. I hope for you too that one of them are open so that you can TTC easily again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->