Im having a few problems..

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
When i started weaning Tye and gave him jars instead of my own food but now i have tryed to give him my own fruit or veg and he is not interested at all. He spits it back out.. even sweet potatoe which i thought he would like. Is this because the jars have more taste? I think i should of started with my own food first and not the jars :( Anyone else had this problem? Should i just keep trying my own food or carry on with the jars and try the food in another few weeks when hes abit older :S

Also... He now will only drink 3oz of milk at once, every 2hrs! Why is he doing this?! And hes now waking 3-4 times in the night because hes hungry.

I do a bit of both, jars and what I make. There are days Hannah simply won't take one or the other, and than a few days later she eats it all! Depends on what she's in the mood for I guess. I'd keep trying.

Not sure about the milk.......we stopped Hannah's night feeds (was hard for a few nights) but so much better after. For a while she was take 24 ounces of milk plus solids but now she eats way more solids and very little milk :wacko:

This weaning and baby stuff is so so confusing!!! I wish he would sleep through or even just wake the once!!

from what I've read a lot of babies don't start sleeping through until they are fully weaned onto three meals a day. That was certainly the case with Hannah

ha ha.. i started fin on my own cooking which he loved at first and then weirdly refused... now he's on hipp organic...:shrug:

I suppose as well they are like us - some days you just dont fancy a certain thing, even though you like it :shrug:

He's doing really well already hun! :)

Is your cooking really that bad Jacey? :rofl:

I agree with the others though, stick at it hun he'll come around

Mix it up with yours, gradually using less of the jarred stuff:happydance:

I'm having that problem NOW as max was always on jars :( now that hes almost a toddler I am giving him more and more home made stuff and sometimes he takes it and sometimes he wont ..luckily the nursery he goes to also makes home made food so hes slowly getting the hang of it

Haha i hope my cooking isnt that bad Holly!

I wish id started on real food first instead of jars :( Never mind!

Will he take finger food yet? I started Caitlyn on textures by just cooking carrots and things and giving her them whole!

No i dont think he would know what to do with finger food haha.. Im scared he will chock :(

Ellie didnt like my food at first either. I was just doing one veg at a time at first but she wasnt interested. So i suck a whole load of veg together with baby vegetable stock and she loved it. Keep trying chick you will find something he likes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->