I'm in screaming pain...

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I have been having issues with TMJ apparently that can happen with pregnancy, im in so much pain I haven't slept in 2 days..I am miserable, and when it's at its worst im literally screaming in pain and ready to kick and punch the walls..

the emergency room prescribed me norcos despite the pregnancy and I swore I wouldn't take them but I had to tonight, I am in so much pain I can't take it anymore.. has anybody else been prescribed these? I feel horrible that I took them but the ice and the heat and the tylenol were doing nothing and I was getting more worried about the pain I was in for the baby...

I don't have any insight, but I'm really sorry you're going through so much pain. I hope the meds are helping. I figure if the hospital gave them to you and they know you're pregnant, than the must be decently safe to be taking. Can you call your OB in the AM to confirm they're okay? If OB doesn't like them, s/he can always prescribe you something else. I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of things. :hugs:

I'm sorry you are having so much pain. What is TMJ?

Codeine is safe in pregnancy. See if the doctor can't give you some for the pain x

I'm not sure if I'm on the same page here but are you talking about Temporomandibular jaw dysfunction? If so, owwww! I suffer with it too and it can make your life a misery. Sometimes painkillers don't do much. I had a mouthguard made and it helps me so much. Do you have one? If you are not even talking about your jaw, ignore all the above!!

I have a ruptured disk and in so much pain everyday.. When i first found out im pregnant i stopped the norco but was in so much pain I wasn't sleeping and my doctors assured me that it is safe to take during pregnancy and the only risk is baby dependency if taking all the way towardsthe end of the pregnancy so my plan is to taper off towards the last month... I have been taking 2-3 a day with doctor supervision and baby is doing great so far
I take Hydrocodone 10/325
I hope you feel better soon..like you said my doc told me the effect of the med is safer than the pain stress to the baby

Yess, temporomandibular jaw dysfunction.. it is killing me, I was in so much pain last night I couldn't even deal with it.. I wanted to jump out the window, no lie..my fiance and I almost broke up last night because I was freaking out so much I was throwing things, it was a miserable mess... and it still hurts today, just not so intensely for now.. I really can't deal with the pain. I'm looking for an affordable dentist to get a real guard made, I only have the store one and it can only do so much... I'm really feeling better to hear that norcos are relatively safe during pregnancy because it was the only way I could sleep, the only thing I can relate the pain to is labor pain in my face! I'm seeing my midwife briefly for a scan today (she fit me in between appointments) and im going to have to talk to her about it...I can't keep doing this, im not going to be able to go to work tonight feeling this way, I may have to quit because I've used up all of my off time... im falling apart.. when pregnant with my son I didn't even take one tylenol, nothing at all, but this pregnancy is so much harder...

I am sorry that you are having TMJ issues. It is certainly horrible to deal with. Try and find a Massage Therapist in your area that is certified or willing to do TMJ treatments, it can make a world of difference. A chiropractor can also provide temporary relief.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. :hugs2: I really hope the pain gets better! It must be hard to deal with during pregnancy. :(

Thank you all for the support, I really appreciate it. I am looking into a chiropractor that specializes is prenatal work so I'm hoping they can help me!

I talked to my midwife today and she suggested that maybe it is migraines...so I called the midwife on call tonight because the pain was so bad again and she said in early pregnancy it is safe to take 600mg of ibuprofen and if it didn't work come to the emergency room or take the norcos I was prescribed... so I took the ibuprofen and I swear it was like I can see the light in my life again! I feel reborn or something, it's incredible... my teeth are still incredibly sore but I couldn't care less, maybe I am experiencing TMJ and migraines together, I don't know but so long as this keeps working then I don't care! I was also advised to take a magnesium supplement for the migraines and at least 1000mg of calcium daily to help with the TMJ... I just wanna hug myself... haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->