I'm not sure what to think...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Long story short... I just had a baby in August. I went to see my midwife around 4 weeks pp for a UTI and I asked if I could get on birth control while I was there since DH and I wanted to be intimate again. She denied it, saying that it was unlikely that I'd ovulate within the 6 weeks pp and would give it to me at my postpartum checkup. Well DH had an accident one night shortly after we started DTD again but I remembered what my midwife said so I blew it off at the time.

Last week I began having menstrual type cramps and a tiny bit of spotting so I thought AF was coming on. It isn't uncommon for me to spot the day before AF comes therefore I expected to wake up with a full blown period. Well the spotting went away the next day. Now I'm getting nervous. With my other children, I had a period around 6-7 weeks pp but here I am now 6 weeks and I still have yet to have a period. I am not EBF but I am BFing with supplementation of formula, the same as I did with my other two.

I did have my 6 week pp checkup on Monday of this week and was given BC. Now I'm unsure if I should take it. I have no idea where at in my cycle I am since I haven't had a period yet and if I am pregnant I don't want to take it and possibly harm the baby. I'm not sure what to do. Please no judgements... I'm just looking for some support and wondering if there is anyone else who has become pregnant again before their first postpartum period or think they may be pregnant within 6 weeks pp?

Don't have much good advice, except to say that you should take a test :) Also it's definitely possible to get pregnant in that time frame, my sister in law got pregnant 4 weeks after having her first and 8 weeks after the second.

First of all, congratulations on having a safe delivery and a healthy baby! If I were in this situation, I would definitely wait to start the BC. Just as you're concerned it might harm a growing fetus, I would be too. If you're waiting for the right time to take a test, practice safer sex in the meantime perhaps. Enjoy your baby and all the beauty that comes with motherhood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->