I'm on CD 1. I'd love advice on supplements, etc to help me TTC

Ella_E

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Once again, thanks for the warm welcomes. I've only been on here for 1 day (well, less than a day) and can feel the love :hugs:

I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I'd love current advice/tips (plus I don't have the time right now to do a thread search :))

I'm on CD1. I hear about all types of natural supplements, foods, etc to help TTC. What do you use? What has worked for you or others you know?

This is what I've heard of so far: Evening Primrose Oil (from AF-O), Maca Root (I have a bottle but haven't started it yet. Can I take maca throughout my entire cycle? Even after O?), Raspberry Leaf tea (same question, can I take it throughout my cycle? It helps with uterine quality), Pineapple core (coring a pineapple, cutting the core into 5 equal pieces, and then eating 1 piece for 5 days in a row, starting 1dpo.....I read it releases bromelain...sorry for the spelling....the same effect as taking baby aspirin), Vitex, Chaste Berry, etc, etc. The list goes on..... So confusing! lol!

Last cycle we used Pre-Seed, and I did the pineapple core thing from 1dpo-5dpo. We DTD the day before O, O day, as well as the day after O. According to Fertility Friend, to make my chances the highest, we should have also DTD 3 days before O, as well as 2 days before O. So I will be sure we do that THIS cycle :) Oh, also, this is only our 3rd cycle TTC, so I don't plan to go see a FS until we've been trying for 6 months. So that's why for now we're still trying natural "things" :)

I just checked FF and realize that I'll be fertile and ovulating during DH and my belated honeymoon next month! We'll still try this month (of course, hehe....), but I recall hearing stories from quite a few people (people i know, and posts I've read on various boards) who ended up conceiving while on a vacation (I guess it adds the extra relaxation, spices up the mood, etc, lol). So, maybe that'll be our month? :D

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this group? Ok, just checking :happydance:

Happy Hump Day! (and for those of you who are in your fertile period, it literally WILL be Hump Day for you and your partner, ahahaha!! :winkwink:

Hi Ella and welcome. I take EPO all the way through, it helps regulate adrenal function and provide a good host lining. My regiment includes maca for both of us in our morning shakes, OH just did a collection for my iui yesterday and his count at the age of 42 after wash was 64mill/ml, maca is known to increase men's counts. Folic acid 4mg (helps cell division), CoQ10 (helps egg quality-powerful antioxidant so cancer prevention as well, rejeuvenates old eggs, likely if the eggs are better will lessen the chance of mc, it also regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure), baby asprin + robatussin as I'm on chlomid and it thins out the cm (I haven't heard of the pineapple thing) and chaste tree.
I also put fish oil in our shakes and EmergenC x2 (1000mg vit C+B vits) in the am. Vit C has some scientific studies that it's increased mens and womens fertility by up to 33%. And lots of excercise. My friend is a triathilete and got preggers twice while training. Increased blood circulation always helps.

You're fortunate to have such a lovely family, three kids will keep a lady busy. I wish you the best with ttc your own little one and happy to have you on the boards. :flow:

Hi 2have4kids,

Thanks for your detailed response. And i hope you get your :bfp: very soon :happydance:

Every time I've heard of women taking EPO, they have said to only take it from AF until O (because it can cause uterine contractions). So is that not the case?

I get paid tomorrow so will get some of those supplements you mentioned. I already take my prenatal vitamins (which have the folic acid), vitamin C pills, maca pills, vitamin D, vitamin E, cod liver oil, flaxseed oil, and I occasionally drink raspberry leaf tea.

Have you ever tried acupuncture? I keep hearing great things about it (re: fertility). But I'd have to see how much it costs (I know it's not covered by my health insurance place).

I won't be going to see a FS until September at the earliest (that'll be 6 months from when we started TTC), so would you mind telling me about the procedure that is done when you go to test your fertility. I hear they inject a dye into your fallopian tubes or something? Does it hurt? Is it a long procedure? I'm hoping it's not super painful. And then they do a Sperm Analysis for the man, right? Thanks so much for all of your help and info. Lots of Baby:dust:

Last cycle I used Robatussin & got a BFP (unfortunately, it wasn't a sticky bean). But with the Robatussin, I had GREAT EWCM- thinnier and stretchier than in previous cycles. I took 200mg 3x/day for 5 days prior to O. You can get the liquid or pill form & generic brand is ok- just make sure you get the kind with Guaifenesin as the only active ingredient.

Thanks Myra! KMFX that your next bean is super sticky (& that it's soon :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->