I'm out :(

adzuki

Mom to Miss M.
Reaction score
Went for a pedicure on Sunday - guess they didn't disinfect their stuff well enough - have a huge infection in my big toe now, and so the doc put me on doxycycline - which means no more TTC for me this month :( I asked for a TTC safe antibiotic, but unfortunately, the only one out there is apparently amoxicillan, and I get anaphylactic shock for that :( To let the infection go might have meant gangrene, so no choice :(

Perhaps everyone be careful when getting pedicures and stuff, and especially be careful if you are pregnant and allergic to amoxicillan!

The sucky thing is that my husband and I will be apart for most of December and January (and all the ovulating times!), so I am in effect out until February.

This sucks!!!

:cry:
A

Yah. It really does suck :( Perhaps that is fate's way of telling me that now is not the time or something. It is just SO FRUSTRATING!!!!! I am so ready now!!!!

Sigh. Thanks for the hugs everyone though. My husband just shrugs his shoulders and says, "Oh well, it can't be helped." I somehow knew you would understand here!

:(
S

oh honey i'm so sorry...i don't know much about antibiotics and ttc...is it that it could prevent it happening or is it dangerous for baby?
cos if its just that it could reduce chances could you not just try anyway? (sorry for my ignorance)
x

I'm so sorry! :hugs:

Maybe waiting so long to try while he's gone will mean a quick pregnancy when he returns, though!

oh honey i'm so sorry...i don't know much about antibiotics and ttc...is it that it could prevent it happening or is it dangerous for baby?
cos if its just that it could reduce chances could you not just try anyway? (sorry for my ignorance)
x

Apparently there is a 3x greater chance of spinal deformities if doxycycline is taken from conception until the end of three months. After that, it becomes a little safer, but oddly it could cause permanent discoloration of the baby's teeth after then.

Trying not to be sad, and am going to use the next couple of months to watch my cycle data carefully so we can "wham bam thank you maam" when he gets back. Will try to use the temping and stuff to the opposite effect - prevent pregnancy ;)

(Who am I kidding, I am still sad)

:cry:

A

god how awful but you're right that's not a good chance to take in that case :(
i'm really sorry :( i hope the next few months pass quickly for you and at least you won't need to worry about pedicures for a good few months with all this cold weather meaning boots are called for!!!
x

i'm so sorry but if it makes you feel any better i'll prob still be ttc in feb with you :rofl: hang in there and relax the next few maybe that will be just what you need :hug: yeah easier said than done :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

i'm so sorry but if it makes you feel any better i'll prob still be ttc in feb with you :rofl:

No you won't baby mojo! I'm gonna throw some :dust::dust: Your way and you'll be long gone into 1st tri by the time I get back!!!

Thanks everyone! I needed those:hug:

:)
A

Sigh. Thanks for the hugs everyone though. My husband just shrugs his shoulders and says, "Oh well, it can't be helped." I somehow knew you would understand here!

S

It sounds like you took the words out of my husband's mouth! I think men tend to be more blasé about this stuff ... they just don't feel the urgency.

Sorry to hear about your toe. I am actually going for a pedicure on Saturday with my SIL so I will have to be careful! Thanks for the reminder.

You'll make it through the wait. Throw lots of those "special parties." LOL.

:hug:

Yah - more practice - we'll have a perfect kid, I tell ya!

I am going to use the time to gather data I think - do the temping, checking for ovulation - so that I can easily plan when OH comes back from his trip.

Frustratingly, he's going back to his family in Japan for 6 weeks because his sister just got pregnant. I'd feel jealous, except it took them 4 years to conceive, and they finally did it through IVF. Any way to store sperm so I can use it while he's gone??? LOL!

Sash - maybe don't have them use the scissor things - that's what I'll do from now on!

True - Will have to throw more special parties - they're always good for a laugh! Know anyone who wants one out in Vancouver, Sash? ;)

Thanks all! Huge hugs to you all!!!

:)
A

:hug: oh so sorry to hear that, its just wrong hun, people like that just dont think about the consequences do they? , fingers crossed for feburary and good lusk hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"