I'm overweight and need to do something about it

isil

Reaction score
I just calculated my BMI on the weightwatchers site and it's 26. It's always been between 20-22 but I think since the beginning of the year it's crept up.

I'm really unhappy and want to feel healthier and fitter. I don't know how to do it sensibly though.

Do I need to join a specific group or choose a diet to follow? What about exercise? I can do it at weekends but I have my son during the week, what do I do then?

Help, I'm lost and officially chubby :(

Daaaaaaaaaarling :flower:

Sensible is the key here ;)

Healthy food and a little bit of exercise.Do you like salad and veggies?x

As for exercise when you have A,walking is what I do :thumbup: Just pop him in the pram and head out for a long walk xx

my bmi was 26.1 and I joined slimming world 13 weeks ago and have lost 16.5 llbs in that time. I found it hard the first 2 weeks but when I started planning my meals it got a lot easier and the weight cam off really quickly. It was free for 12 weeks in my area on the 'loose weight feel great' scheme but I'm not sure if it's available in all areas as it is currently funded by your local nhs trust.

Jen, thanks hunny :hugs: I do like salad, veggies, fruit etc. In fact, I love healthy food...but because A loves it too, I always end up giving it all to him I spose :/ I think I might try and get a long walk in when I have A, maybe when he should be napping or something because he doesn't always nap now. The next 4 weeks I'm working full-time (apart from the next 2 mondays I'm off). When I don't have him overnight I want to try and go to the gym and swim too I think.

Truly_blessed, I'm going to look stuff up now. I know you can get some kind of referral to gyms and lower prices and stuff. It sounds really good :thumbup: Thank you for replying, it's good to hear from someone with such similar statistics to me :hugs:

Jen, thanks hunny :hugs: I do like salad, veggies, fruit etc. In fact, I love healthy food...but because A loves it too, I always end up giving it all to him I spose :/ I think I might try and get a long walk in when I have A, maybe when he should be napping or something because he doesn't always nap now. The next 4 weeks I'm working full-time (apart from the next 2 mondays I'm off). When I don't have him overnight I want to try and go to the gym and swim too I think.

Truly_blessed, I'm going to look stuff up now. I know you can get some kind of referral to gyms and lower prices and stuff. It sounds really good :thumbup: Thank you for replying, it's good to hear from someone with such similar statistics to me :hugs:

the free one I did was available in yor bmi was over 25, so it wasn't like you needed to have loads to loose to qulaify. Only down side for me was you have to attend the exercise class before the meeting (which was just a brisk walk or light aerobics, nothing too strenuous). The exercise as 4:15 - 5:00 but then the SW class only started properly at 6pm so I was hanging around for an hour twiddlng my thumbs. SW class was then 6pm - 6:30 ish. All in all it has been worth it though as I started the gym but the weight just wasn't shifting due to the food choices I was eating and not realising what made me put weight on (bread!!, too much wine, biscuits). PLus I think I sed the gym as an excuse to pig out and say 'it's alright, I've been the gym today' lol. xx

Have you thought about investing in a Wii Fit? I'm a single mum so it's difficult to get out to do exercise so on the days I can't I do Wii Fit for an hour or so while Brady is in bed.

I joined weight watchers to give me more motivation, I think it depends on your mindset but I don't see it as a 'diet' as you can eat whatever you want it's about moderation and monitoring what you eat.

My BMI was 38.8 when i started.

You dont need to go on a diet, all you need a life style change.
Which is cutting out fizzy drinks/fast food etc. Swapping them for healthier choices BUT it isnt all about eating healthy 24/7. Allow yourself treats, days off. It will boost your happy feelings/moods also. Hard work always deserves rewards.

As for exercise, i have 2 young girls. I can manage to do session of circuit training at least 4 mornings or afternoon a week. Ive got a cross trainer & an exercise bike. Could do something simple as walking an ahour a day. I do alot my workouts on the wii.

Best of luck.

I did weight watchers online before I was pregnant and it really worked for me but now I can't afford the membership! I still have - somewhere - the list of points but I am sure I'm a lot bigger since I had Sophie than I was last time I did it!

I really want to lose weight too. I've been walking a lot with the pram - miles and miles this week - I just need more motivation with the eating...and I want to lose my belly. I only got to 27 weeks but I still have a horrible fat c section belly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->