I'm scared to get checked! :(

J

Jadeyydoe

My midwife said if theres still no movement today and I'm still worried to get checked, she said all should be fine but if I want to they will listen to the heartbeat for me.
I still haven't felt movement and I really don't feel pregnant!
I've had days where I don't feel pregnant before but I started getting used to it and it was always mixed with abit of movement!
This is a completely different feeling, I just don't feel right.
I'm scared to ring up the birth center incase they can't find the heartbeat!
Davids told me I'm worrying over nothing, I'm just so freaked.
Ever since I was pregnant I have been convinced it would be stillborn or prem so I try my best to be as safe as possible so I know there is no chance it would happen!
Gah I hate my head it always thinks the worst! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Don't worry too much hun - 18 weeks is still quite early to feel movement...especially if this is your first baby.

I'd still get checked though, just for peace of mind. I'm sure everything is ok - worrying is just a motherly instinct...we all get worried one time or another!

:hugs:

Not getting checked isn't going to make the outcome any different and if they said you need to come in then you need to come in!

I know, but I always feel movement!
once or twice a day most of the time its in the middle of the night, just before I go to sleep or when I'm relaxing.
I think this is the first time in about a week or so I haven't felt anything!
If its all fine I think its extremely bad timing for the baby to do this, normally I'd think nothing of it! :(

Yeah well men dont understand that instinct me and David had a tiff over it lol

18 weeks is still a little early to be having anything regular...with my 1st baby, I didnt start feeling her till 18 weeks.....bubs could be lying a funny way or could be fast asleep.

Can understand your worrys though, I worry all the time about this baby because my 1st baby was premature and she didnt make it :cry:

x x x

18 weeks is still a little early to be having anything regular...with my 1st baby, I didnt start feeling her till 18 weeks.....bubs could be lying a funny way or could be fast asleep.

Can understand your worrys though, I worry all the time about this baby because my 1st baby was premature and she didnt make it :cry:

x x x

No I know!
But its since my dog jumped full on onto my tummy that movement has stopped :(

I still have days where I have to poke her to get any movement, and I'm nearly 25 weeks! Got an anterior placenta and sometimes she hides behind it I think. Sure everything will be fine, get checked and it'll put your mind at rest x

Ukkhh! Men!! :yellowcard:

He won't understand that - go get yourself checked hun; If I were you, I'd do it, especially if you've been feeling the baby and then suddenly the movements have stopped. Quick question though, how long has it been since you last felt the baby move?

Edit: Just read your post about the dog jumping on you...go get yourself checked hun - ignore the OH! lol

Oh hunny :hugs:

With things that have gone wrong with me,in my option i would get checked.
I didn't have too much movement until 20 weeks,but around 18 - 19 weeks i could feel stuff on odd days and Jenson is my first.

Men don't understand chick - me and James have had lots of shall i say discussions :winkwink:

xxx

He won't understand that - go get yourself checked hun; If I were you, I'd do it, especially if you've been feeling the baby and then suddenly the movements have stopped. Quick question though, how long has it been since you last felt the baby move?

Edit: Just read your post about the dog jumping on you...go get yourself checked hun - ignore the OH! lol

I want to and I will I'm just so scared!
I know I'm going to break down in tears.
I'm starting to cramp up on my right side, I don't know if thats a good sign or bad lol

I want to and I will I'm just so scared!
I know I'm going to break down in tears.
I'm starting to cramp up on my right side, I don't know if thats a good sign or bad lol

Aww hun...please don't worry :hugs:

Hey hun i had the same thing happen. After my DD being a bit rough with me the bubs just went totally quiet and i didnt feel anything except maybe one tiny movement in 4 days. Was totally panicked as id been feeling bubs moved for a few weeks (i was 20weeks) so i called midwife who sent me to DAU for assessment. They said there wasnt much they could do until i was 27weeks and that it is normal for bubs to go quiet until around that time. I was still assuming the worst though so they did a quick heartbeat check and bubs was totally fine. Just ov being a lazy lil monkey. Anyways hun im just saying id deffo get checked over for piece of mind, because the chances there is something wrong is gonna be a lot less than what your feeling. Hope everything goes well. xx

Im sure everything is ok try not too worry. Have you tried having a warm bath sometimes that helps for me. xx

Hun, I am sure everything is Ok they do have there quiet days, but I would get checked out if the midwife said so but I dont know why she is worrying you considering 18 weeks is still too early for a lot of women to feel movement. Why not have a sugary drink and a bar of chocolate and lie down on the bed, to see if you can feel anything? xxx

i'm sure the baby is fine. she's probably in there floating around in amniotic fluid safe and sound. i was freaking out the other day because i haven't felt mine move for like a week or more after feeling frequent flutters around 14-17 weeks. It seems it's quite common for them to be quiet from time to time. xx

Please go and get checked! Do you know your blood type? Cos if you are rhesus negative you may need an anti-d injection if you have had a knock to your tummy:hugs:

I know it's difficult but please don't worry, you need to go to put your mind at rest! You will feel a lot better for it when you know there's nothing to worry about:hugs:

I don't think men understand it like other women do. We're the ones carrying the baby, and you start to see a pattern in their movement. If you don't feel it, you worry. I agree that not asking to hear the heartbeat will not change the outcome. I'm sure the baby will be fine; perhaps just going through a growth spurt, because that can cause them to be quiet for a while.

Big hug, but I'm sure everything will be fine.

I worried the same when my lumox of a cat AKA Wide load, jumped on me...trust me, she's as big as your dogs ;) but you know what, like everyone has said, really 18 weeks is too early to be feeling VERY REGULAR movements...

However, if you're worried, that doppler won't come to you :)

Good luck although I'm sure your baby is fine and dandy and just chilling out!!

Nicola xx

Get yourself checked out sweetheart, even if its to put your mind at rest xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back