I'm scared to get checked! :(

im 27 weeks and have days all the time with no movment. I dont feel pregnant either. Every single time i get checked out and they listen to it and every time she is fine. I still get worried. I didnt feel her till 19 weeks for the 1st time and it was bubbles

Thing is, you can get checked now and put your mind at ease or see if there is a problem to deal with or you can let the worry drag out until your next appt with your midwife and get the same exact results then, after weeks of feeling like you are right now....

don't torment yourself. it's certainly not good for the baby to stress this much either!

I cant believe midwife are going to check you out for no movement when you are only 18wks - most folk have not felt any movement by then!

You shouldnt be worrying. We are not expected to feel regular daily movement til 28+wks.

I do hope all is well and you see midwife and she reassures you but you must try relax - you still have a long way to go and you dont want to be worrying like this for the remainder of your pregnancy - try enjoy it!:flower:

I cant believe midwife are going to check you out for no movement when you are only 18wks - most folk have not felt any movement by then!

You shouldnt be worrying. We are not expected to feel regular daily movement til 28+wks.

I do hope all is well and you see midwife and she reassures you but you must try relax - you still have a long way to go and you dont want to be worrying like this for the remainder of your pregnancy - try enjoy it!:flower:

It's not the movement alone she's worried over. It's because she had a blow to the belly yesterday with her big dog landing a foot right on her belly when she was laying down. It was hard enough to leave her in pain for a bit afterwards so her midwife is just trying to be on the safe side since she's also not feeling movement since then.

I didn't feel anything until after 21 weeks and it was only last Sat that I didn't feel any movements until the evening (I've just gone 26 weeks) so I really would try not to worry. 18 weeks seems very early to be relying on regular movements as a way of checking baby is ok... I totally get what you mean about not feeling pregnant some days too, from around 16-20 weeks I really didn't feel pregnant at all (just very tired!). That said, i know how hard it is not to let the worry totally take over. Hope your lil one is just taking a well deserved day off and catching up on some zzzz's x

In that case better to be checked of course but I too have days where I feel nothing still today in fact...I can usually make something happen now with a bath or some food but now before the last couple weeks.

I am sure everything is just fine

Don't worry, I had the exact fear. I could feel movements, quite rigorously, in the start of my 18th week, and then for about 2 days, nothing. It is nothing to fear but it is PERFECTLY RIGHT to be worried. It is our bodies and pregnancy does nothing to a man's body. My husband and parents always get irritated over my worries. And believe me, I have MANY but we have a right to be worried because new things are happening to us.

When the movements slowed down, I went to the doctor who showed me the heartbeat, which was strong and clear. It is always reassuring to hear it. After a day, the baby started jumping on my cervix and causing some weird sensations in my pubic bone :) Don't worry, even I have fears about all kinds of things. It is normal, but everything will be fine. It is only after 28 weeks that mothers should start monitoring fetal movement, because at this point, the baby's movement follows no pattern! I am sure your baby is doing great :)

In fact it is surprising but the FIRST part of the Fifth Month of 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' discusses the fact that fetal movements, once they are felt, tend to be very, very erratic. Take care, hun!

Hey! I just wanted to say that when i was 18 weeks even though i had movement it wasnt consistent or regular sometimes i could go for a few days with only a couple of pokes here or there. But since your dog has jumped on you i think you really should go and be checked over i know your scared but sitting at home worrying like crazy isnt going to be helping any. I had a bleed at 17 weeks and rung nhs24 whilst i was waiting on a call back i checked baby with a doppler id convinced myself the hb had slowed down even though in the hosp it was a healthy 148bpm! Sometimes were so scared and paranoid we drive ourselves crazy. Go get checked out for your own peace of mind wont you feel much better once you have been and spoken to someone than sitting going "omg omg omg"

:hugs:

xx

How's it going? Did you get checked by your midwife? Hope everything's ok x

its ok dont worry i didnt feel ANY movement till 22 weeks and thats when i actualy started showing and feeling pregnant :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->