Im so so upset :(

Ariannda

Reaction score
So as ive said before i have 4 kids, and my husband and i have been TTC his first for the past 18 months. His spermanalysis came back ok, some motility issues, but ive been on clomid for the past 4 months.

Today i had an HSG and imagine my SHOCK with BOTH tubes are 100% blocked, proximal (at the uterus) and NO dye made it even close to either tube. Im so devastated, the past 18 months ive had total blockage, they suspect that ive had partial since i was young and somehow managed to get pregnant

I go back to the Dr on Monday, surgery might be an issue, and IVF is always an option, but i dont know if we can afford it

We had decided not to ever do IVF< but that was before when we thought i could at least get pregnant even if it took some time.

I was totally shocked, the idea that i couldnt get pregnant never entered my mind :(

Wow I'm sorry!! My cousin had blocked tubes, had surgery, and now have 2 healthy children. Were your kids delivered via C-section?

look into funding for IVF...I'm in Canada and the only way to get IVF funded is if you have full lateral blockage, which it sounds like what you have...just a thought..best of luck!

No, all 4 were vaginal. Totally normal pregnancies and deliveries. I did have an IUD after my last child, about 4 years ago. I was done having kids... MY husband and i have known each other since HS and i knew having kids was important to him, and i was happy to have more, i just thought pregnancy would at least be an option =/

I had ZERO discomfort or pain during the HSG, everyone else i know that had one at least felt something =(

Ive begun to look Dubs and it looks like IVF funding is offered to couples who make $55k per year or less, and we make more than that. We still cant afford IVF now =/

I'm so sorry!
I hope that surgery might work so you don't have to go through IVF!

So many require surgery and then go on to healthy pregnancies! You aren't out of the game yet!

:hug:
I really hope surgery works for you. You're not out of the game yet! Hang in there

Both the OB and my father have advised against the surgery. As ZERO dye got through i have at least proximal blockage on both sides, which means that they'd have to go through the whole tube to unblock. Its more likely to lead to scar tissue and or ectopic pregnancy than anything. We've been advised to head straight to IVF.

My husband, who has no kids and wants them, is all the sudden not as on board with the IVF. For me it's an easy choice, and it could be SO much worse ! We know i can get pregnant and stay pregnant, ive never had a MC that im aware of and DH S/A is fine. He wont talk to me about it yet, i think he's still in shock over the whole "Btw you wont ever get pregnant" news

Your husband is bound to be in shock and you may just need to give him time to come around to the idea of ivf.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both! Best of luck to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->