I'm so tempted to let LO open a gift....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indigo77

Just 1....what's the harm? DH says absolutely not...

Anyone else tempted?

Has anyone tried staggering the joy a bit?

I've been tempted to too tonight. Hubby and I have just finished setting up a dolls' house for our daughter. It's massive and there's no where to hide it, moving it is difficult and I haven't got enough wrapping paper to wrap it! So now it's standing behind the tree looking huge and bulky and it's covered by duvet covers!! Looks ridiculous, was so tempted to just leave it there uncovered for tomorrow morning! So should have left it in its box until Christmas eve..

No, no, no dont do it!!, you will spoil the excitement for Christmas morning x

I've been very tempted too. LO and I both have a stomach virus and I want to let him open some things to keep him occupied but I haven't! I did just buy him a new puzzle though instead. It didn't work, he got bored with it.

I've let mine open those random token gifts that have come in from our coworkers and nursery. It's hard because they tend to hand them right to her and I know they'll be more appreciated away from the huge pile of gifts Christmas morning. But all the stuff from family and close friends is being saved to do properly.

No! I am usually sooo tempted to just open it all lol but this year it hasnt even crossed my mind! Cant wait for xmas morning!

The other day we had the ikea kitchen delivered from my mum and it came in 3 boxes and we had NO where to store so we built it and let him have it. However, he doesnt have any accessories because santa may be bringing those :rofl:
i didn't mind giving him it early as my mum brought it as an extra pressie anyways xx

I gave LO one of her pressies the other day. She'd been so unwell but it was only a £4 Thomas busy book! Which she's loved! I don't usually though xx

I've let lo open a few gifts over the past week or so. She's only 18 months and doesn't understand the whole Christmas thing yet anyway, plus I was worried she'd be overwhelmed on Christmas morning with all the gifts. It's been fun. The first time I let her open, she didn't even really know how to tear the paper off and I had to show her. The 2nd time, I had to still help her. The 3rd time, she got all excited when I told her there was a present for her under the tree, and she unwrapped it all on her own, so she's finally 'getting it'. Don't know if I'd do the same if she was older and understood the whole Santa thing.

I let him open gifts from non-family early every year. Grotto gifts, gifts from neighbours, gifts from school, gifts from my colleagues. Mostly because I'm nosy and want to see what they are too :haha: But if he opens them early it means I can remove any duplicates from my pile.
My mum used to let us as kids too. I used to love all the little random gifts it just added to the excitement because it was like these odd ones built up to the big pile on Christmas day! :happydance:

She's opened the present she got when we visited Santa yesterday, but everything else is saved until Christmas morning. The teacher presents I received from my class are all under the tree, and she keeps bringing me one present and asking me to open it! I don't know why she's obsessed with this particular one, it must contain something good!

oh they opened the presents from santa meets. they did really well today! a wow toy each from breakfast with santa and a julia donaldson book each from the childrens centre panto

They opened the secret santa gifts from a party we went to. And DH likes to let them choose one to open on Christmas Eve. Otherwise they wait to do them all on Christmas morning.

My DDs had some presents on the weekend as we did our family Christmas with aunties and uncles early this year. She has also had a present from a friend of mine. All the rest wait until Christmas day. Although she got her hands on the Christmas eve box today little madam

Dont give in. Christmas eve and christmas day is presents day. lol

I wouldn't. That being said, DS already opened a gift...that wasn't his!

For some reason, it slipped my mind that gifts cannot survive at my house under the tree with a toddler and they can't go out until Christmas morning. We don't "do" santa, so the thought never occurred to me to wait...

Mine have had one or two early :blush: Dh couldn't wait when he got buzz and woody so lo got buzz early and I had to take the kids to the doctors last week as they were so poorly with this chesty bug. He was so great letting the doctor examine him and telling her baba was bit poorly too so I went and got hooks ship when we came home. Cheered him right up and hasn't stopped playing with it, same with buzz, so I don't regret it. They weren't wrapped, saving that for the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"