I'm so upset with myself...my brain has gone to mush

FarfromHome

1st time Mommy!
Reaction score
I can't believe how disorganized I've been lately and it's starting to get ridiculous and really get me down. I'm behind in chores, my car is a mess and my home is "clean" but a mess. In the last two weeks I've lost not only a really important paper ( a HUGE coupon booklet of high value coupons for baby items that I purchase regularly...I'm an avid couponer so that was tough:cry:) but also receipts I wanted to hang on to and $40 cash that we received as a Valentine's Day gift for LO from MIL and FIL. :dohh:

Well tonight I really took the cake. A couple weeks ago I was out running errands and have shoved a bottled Starbucks Frappucinno in my bag. I guess I didn't secure the lid correctly after taking a drink and it leaked onto my items in the bag and into the fabric of the bag itself. I got home and emptied the important items and wiped them down but left the rest in the bag with a mental note :)dohh:) to empty it later and wash the bag . I'm sure everyone can see where this is going...

Well tonight I finally tell myself I'm going to empty the bag out and get it ready for the wash tomorrow. I pull a few items out only to reveal a HUGE MOLDY MESS:cry: It was so disgusting and one whole bottom corner of the bag and it's contents were covered in mold. :sick: I honestly did not think that would happen as I thought the bag would just dry sticky and have a stain! It really wasn't a ton of liquid, just what had leaked out of the lid on the bottle...

Anways, I'm just feeling really awful about everything. I had to thow away the bag as I knew even in the wash it would be stained forever and it was just gross. I lost a bunch of baby items that were in the bag ( bottle, diapers etc etc) and even some cash that was all moldy too. I really loved that bag :cry: Also, I can't believe that was growing in my living room! ( the bag was on a shelf by the couch). Now I feel like I've hurt LO's lungs :cry: Probably a bit overdramatic but still...

I just feel really stupid and upset over everything. I used to have a really sharp mind and was organized and very much " on top of my game". Now I feel completely the opposite and I'm sure I look it too. Just had to get that off my chest.

I think we can all relate to the baby brain syndrome!

My house could definitely be cleaner, and I have perhaps let myself go a little...but as long as my daughter gets all of my time and has fun with me...never mind the chores and my appearance (within reason, obviously!). As long as things are basically clean, you are doing a good job.

I have a basket for all of my important papers and things. I stuff everything in that basket that is important so that is the first place I look when I need something. I sort it through about once a month. It gets messy, but at least I can usually find things...usually!

Be kind to yourself...looking after a youngster is HARD WORK. I think it is important to do something for yourself as well. Perhaps you could find a project to keep your mind active while your little one is sleeping etc.

Xxx

They don't call it 'baby brain' for nothing hun ;) Don't be so hard on yourself. You haven't done lo any harm I'm sure. We spend so much time thinking about our babies; when do they need feeding, changing, am I stimulating her enough, giving enough opportunities for her to develop...etc. It's no wonder something has to give. I can barely keep a thought in my head so you're not alone. If you knew what I do for a living it's just frightening how scatter brained I am now :-/

Yep I know that feeling. DH is currently searching high and low around the house for a bottle I've lost. I have zero recollection of what I have done with it and when I last had it. It's a used bottle so its going to be gross if we don't find it soon. I used to have a great memory for things like that. I think I must loose my phone about 10 times a day forgetting where I've put it down!! I feel like my intelligence has halved!!

Ahhhh the same thing happened with my purse on Friday!!! I didn't screw on the Starbucks coffee bottle all the way I guess & it spilled everywhere including my paychecks! Need to check for mold now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->