I'm switching to midwives :)

mummof1

Reaction score
I just went to an information session and signed up to switch to midwifery !
I'm cancelling my OB appointment which was scheduled for this Thursday and the midwife who took all my information tonight said that I will get a call tomorrow with an ultrasound for early next week :)
I'm really looking forward to a completely different more positive experience for my 3rd and final pregnancy.

Hubby is a bit put off by it, he says as long as I'm happy but he would prefer an OB. He's a paramedic so I feel like he's always in support of doctors etc.
Has anyone else gone with a midwife and their hubby wasn't really for it? Did he come around ?

My husband trusts my judgment, I couldn't have been happier choosing a midwife for my first. A major hospital here has a midwife led unit, so they are certified nurse midwives. If you are using a birthing center or home birth just make sure there is a clear cut plan/timeline in case something bad happens.

I bet he will be thrilled when he sees the great care you get..

Maybe have him go with you to your first appointment with her so he can ask her any questions be may have.

Thanks ladies . We will still be delivering at the hospital so he's okay with that.
I have an ultrasound already scheduled for this Friday I'm so excited/so nervous !

I had a traumatic birth, the midwives made it not as bad as it could have been. I was so thankful to have them. They even bent a rule (nothing major) for me.

I went with a midwife this time. My dh wasn't crazy about it but I told him if we went to the first appointment and we're uncomfortable at all or didn't like her, I would switch to an ob immediately but we went, I liked her and he felt better so sticking with her :) I will still be delivering in a hospital too though which was one of his main concerns so he is more at ease :)

It's already been a more pleasant experience just chatting on the phone and setting up my ultrasound ! I'm really excited to have a different experience this time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->