I'm the crazy woman that cries choosing lunch

loola

Reaction score
I posted a week or so ago because I lost all interest in food. not so much interest, more satisfaction from food.

Today I hit a new low, I cried in M&S because I wanted nothing. Literally nothing. I couldn't choose.

What is wrong with me?! So far I've had no ms at all ( curse me if you like:happydance:) and this is now getting to me. I'm not sick as a dog, I'm lucky I can eat, but I don't want to!

I spent 2 hours last night cooking a roast because I really fancied it, I sat down with OH and my best friend and had two mouthfuls, in the bin it went.

So I got my favourite street food today and it's sat here next to me , barely picked at , I'm already thinking of chucking it.

OH and my mum keep stressing to me that it's so important for me to eat healthily or at least eat something for baby, and I'm fully aware of that. It's not like I'm choosing not to eat or only eat sugary things. I think they're making me stress more! I don't want to be failing before baby is even here.

Hmph, I hope this passes soon, I've always loved food :cry:

Not that I know from experience yet but from what I read on these posts, it does pass!
I also am a huge lover of food. As in, nothing genuinely makes me happier than some good food. I'm finding it hard to enjoy much now so I just take my prenatal vitamins and shove crackers or a banana down my throat when I can stomach it!

I also haven't actually been sick yet (just nausea) & I can't ever tell OH what I want to eat cause I just don't know.

I have gone off sauces ( like with curry & pasta) also sandwich meat??

I always Cook dinner for me & DD I have to do just what she wants.

& I can't eat in the morning I know its bad :(

I almost cried when we were out for dinner for DH's birthday because I didn't want anything on the menu. I was 7 weeks at the time. I still sometimes have trouble figuring out what to eat but I am definitely more agreeable now. I just let DH make whatever he wants and have even made several suggestions.

Hold on hun, it shouldn't be much longer! Take your vitamins and remind yourself (and DH & your mum) the baby will take what it needs, it's you who will be deficient and at least it isn't all coming back up. Whatever you can manage is enough.

I'm with you! Hate not being able to enjoy food at the moment (I also haven't been sick yet but just feel nausious all day - not sure what's worse, getting it over with once or twice a day or just being constantly nausious all day!)
I'm looking forward to being able to eat again!

I'm with ya! I love my food but I'm struggling to finish a meal at the minute, however tonight I made shepherds pie and ate that. Fingers crossed it passes soon x

I am the same! I finally want something, dh goes to get it, but then when it's in front of me I take a bite or two.

When I was pregnant with DS, I nearly cried at a deli because they didn't offer the same salad they used to and couldn't tell me if the ceasar dressing was made with raw eggs or not. I was literally choking back tears...

Awww. I feel your pain. My appetite dropped like crazy for a few weeks starting around 8 weeks. It's still low, but it's getting back up there slowly. It was actually worst when I had very little nausea. Right now it's bad because I can't stand the thought of cooked meat (hamburgers or hot dogs even - blegh) OR salad! Meat and veggies, the two things I should be eating, I currently hate :(. I bought a pineapple today though in hopes to snack a little healthier.

I feel your pain. I was the same with my DS. Unfortunately, it lasted throughout my pregnancy. The moment they delivered the placenta, i wanted a cheese toastie, something that would have made me gag for the previous 8 months!

I sat in a lovely restaurant at 35 weeks in restaurant sobbing as there was nothing I fancied (my OH was mortified!). At about 18 weeks I cried (in the restaurant) because the chicken was on the bone and I couldn't cope with that.

We were in 30 degree Sydney (by ourselves) for the Christmas and I was about 10 weeks pregnant. I wanted roast turkey with dripping like at home (a whole one, with bones, not a crown!) so 2 days before Christmas I went to the butchers and they only had huge turkeys left. They wanted me to have a crown but I spent a fortune on the largest turkey ever, spent hours cooking it and ate one slice and only ate for 10 minutes. My husband would have preferred roast beef!

I was a crazy lady with food!

Anyway, on a serious note. Its hard and most people don't understand but just eat what you can and when you can and know that it will pass!

Do you have an altered sense of smell as well? I did.

Im so glad I'm not alone.

Peardrop- no altered sense of smell... I dont think. Maybe I have. I haven't really thought about it.

thanks for all the messages xx

My sense of smell has rocketed today! I could smell the warm ink from the printer at work today!! I got some strange looks when I asked if anyone could smell it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->