I'm worried about perimenopause

New hear but as a 39 year old on the road to trying to get pregnant the perimenopause was a concern of mine recently after I had some changes but after a check up they said everything was fine.

I ovulate regulary and now exactly when it is as I have very clear signs every month but do wonder if there is anything I should be using (natural stuff) that can help as every month I worry I am leaving it too long.

We have to wait until just after christmas due to some travel commitments next year and me timing how big I could be if I did not plan ahead although this kinda seems crazy when it could take a while anyway.

I'm even more concerned now as I don't appear to have ov'd this month :nope:. This is the first month for a few months that I have charted so maybe I haven't actually ov'd since August when I first started having trouble with my cycle. I did record on my ff chart a positive ov test last friday but tbh it was very nearly positive but not quite there, and nothing since or before that day. Clearly I haven't ov'd though as my temps haven't gone up at all so far this month.

I only have to wait until the new year when the doc will look doing tests on us both to check things out. He doesn't know yet though about this latest development but I'll probably just wait now until after christmas to go back.

Hi angelic, are you taking your temp every morning as soon as you wake and at the same time each day??

I read somewhere can't remember where that it is normal sometimes for a woman to not ovulate every month.

Do not remember whether it as to do with age or just generally but anyhow goolge it you may find it's normal if you have not.

Hi angelic, are you taking your temp every morning as soon as you wake and at the same time each day??

Yes I'm doing it as soon as I wake. The only differerence this time is that it's a new thermometer (basal one) and the other times I was using a Boots digital one. I have to admit though when I temped earlier this year it was at tea time so that was the wrong time. I have taken my temp a few times with them both and the Boots one is always a good fraction higher which is strange. Unfortunately I don't get EWCM either so I can't even tell by that. I hope that my temp goes up a fraction in the morning cos that would make me feel more optimistic.

you may still find that in the next few days FF will confirm you did ov when you got the +OPK.

Good luckx

you may still find that in the next few days FF will confirm you did ov when you got the +OPK.

Good luckx

Oh that's good then that it's still possible I did but ff may be late picking it up!

I'll have my fingers crossed for a rise tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice :D

Hi all

Just thought I'd give a quick update to say FF finally picked up OV (was last Saturday) so I'm much more optimistic now and also we DTD at about the right time (Friday night and Sunday morning - sorry TMI :blush:) so that's good.

And this morning I've woken up with a very sore/scratchy throat. Hope that's a good sign too :thumbup:.

:dust:

sometimes FF can be up to 5 days or so after ov before it picks it up... you're looking good for this month

good luckx

Im also worried about perimenopause - will monitor my next couple of cycles and then get fSH levels checked again as its been a year - I used to have around 48 day cycles and now am having short cycles under 26 days with early ov and AF is getting lighter - I have pcos so it could just be that but all females in my family have had menopause by 40 and some in their 20s or early 30s so I'm hoping I'm just being cautious and theres no need but I am feeling a bit cautious about it!

have you had any tests done angelic?

Every Women differs... Its strange though, I thought when you were in Perimenopause your periods were worse... I know mine have become out of control, heavy bleeding and a little clotting bad for 4 days straight, the 1st two days are out of control, I know I have a cyst on my right ovary but WOW, my flow is outrageously wild...

As someone said, if you have your period you still have a chance on getting pregnant... I have read that after the age of 35 there is more of a chance of multiples... I was predicted with TWINS so was my OH... I'm nervous yet excited at the same time...
I'm not giving up... I have a feeling its going to happen soon...

Hang in there hun... Were all here for ya :) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->