Immigrating to Canada

RachA

Reaction score
Really hoping someone can help me out here as looked on-line and can't find anything.

My sister moved to Canada earlier this year to try and work things out with her OH who moved there 1 year ago. She isn't happy and wants to come back.
Her OH is now able to apply for permanent residency and is doing so.

The query is-do both my sisters OH and herself have to agree to the two children applying for the PR (they are 12 and 15 years old) or can her OH do it without her agreement?

Hope that makes sense.

I think in order to stay there and get PR, he either has to be sponsored by his company or a family member living there. With regards to the children, I'm not sure. My husband and I are going back in a couple of years. I'm Canadian and he's British. I'll be his sponsor but from this end. I know when we go from here, my stepson has to be included in all the paperwork, medical, etc even though we don't intend to take him with us. I've got the immigration stuff bookmarked on my laptop, I'll post it when I have a minute.

I know when it came to my canadian citizenship - My Dad was allowed to sponsor one generation.. Then I could sponsor a generation if I wish... And so on and so forth. So .. He sponsored me and my sister (paperworks not yet through). I then had the idea that through that, My sons Dad could apply if need be. And so forth. x

My aunt had separate paper works than her husband, she stayed there alone with her kids, 3 yrs later she applied, got the citizenship then included her kids, they were 7 & 9 at that time, until now her husband doesn't have the citizenship but he has a residency he renews from time to time. She got the citizenship 6 yrs back

I've not looked much at the information myself yet, but these are the best links I've found so far.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Newcomers_to_the_forum

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada

I know when it came to my canadian citizenship - My Dad was allowed to sponsor one generation.. Then I could sponsor a generation if I wish... And so on and so forth. So .. He sponsored me and my sister (paperworks not yet through). I then had the idea that through that, My sons Dad could apply if need be. And so forth. x

What do you mean by sponsor for citizenship?
From what I understand you can only pass citizenship down if you were either born in Canada or became a naturalized canadian citizenship. I was born in Canada so can pass citizenship down to any of my future children but if they are born and raised outside of Canada they can't pass it down any further.

Op all the info you need will be on the Canadian gvt website, just google Canadian permanent residency.

What do you mean by sponsor for citizenship?
From what I understand you can only pass citizenship down if you were either born in Canada or became a naturalized canadian citizenship. I was born in Canada so can pass citizenship down to any of my future children but if they are born and raised outside of Canada they can't pass it down any further.

Op all the info you need will be on the Canadian gvt website, just google Canadian permanent residency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->