Impacted Wisdom Tooth

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Oooowwwwwwieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :cry:

Anyone had one? how did you fix it? Does the tooth have to come out? :nope:

My wisdom teeth came through years ago, except for one which only half surfaced. It's never been a problem until yesterday when it was starting to ache (I thought I just had a sore throat), and today I can't even open my mouth (a good thing for my OH seeing as he thinks I moan all the time :haha:). It's killing me!!

Sounds familiar to me. My wisdom teeth first broke through in my late teens but have taken over a decade to come fully through. When they have pushed up that little bit more, I have sometimes had incredibly painful infected gums from it. All it takes is a few days' antibiotics to clear it up. I'm lucky as the dentist here is great and doesn't have long waiting times, but I daresay the GP could prescribe antibiotics for you if you don't have that.
Hope it gets sorted soon x

Ouch! 3 of my wisdom teeth were impacted. The only way to solve it is to get the tooth extracted.
None of mine had cut through the gums, they had to go in and surgically remove them.

I would go see your dentist; I remember it being very painful!

Another sufferer here. My bottom left one had partially cut but never came through properly. It was open into my gum so bits of food got caught, leading to loads of infections. It has rotated and grown into my gum so it had to be surgically removed. It was a huge relief and my constant recurring throat infections also stopped.

That was a few years ago. At that point they said that my bottom right would never come through as far too impacted. Not true sadly and I am in the same situation again. Going to have to go and get this out too. It makes you realise why teething is so awful for our LOs doesn't it?

Hey hun,

Sorry to hear you're having pain with your wisdom teeth.

You definately should get an appointment with your dentist and get them to have a look and see if it is impacted or not. As although it may have only half cut through it doesn't mean it's impacted.

My bottom left one had been like it for a year, X-Ray showed it wasn't impacted but wouldn't come all the way through and my gum kept getting infected.

My top two came through straight, but the bottom two were the problem. Bottom right was impacting under the gum and the other just kept making my gum get infected. Saw the dentist (again!) in July to tell him I'd had enough of the infections and something had to be done.

Just had all 4 out at the hospital under General Anesthetic, and although my face is killing me and I am bruised I feel much better now they're gone. So my advice would be go see a dentist ASAP as it's taken 7 months for me to have the buggers out :nope: xx

I had the same problem! I had to have an extraction a few months ago. It honestly wasn't as bad as it sounds. :flower: :hugs:

:cry: omg it's killing me! I'm totally dosed up on paracetamol and ibruprofen and it still aches!!
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not sure it is impacted now though...it started bleeding yesterday :sick: Is that normal??
I hate my dentist. I don't want my teeth out :nope:

The gum can bleed if it's cutting through.

It'll only get worse if you don't go and see your dentist hunny. Give them a call now:flower:

I had an impacted wisdom tooth - my dentist has a 3 strikes & its out policy so I had 3 lots of antibiotics before I had it taken out - but by that point I was so sick of the pain & not being able to open my mouth that I was glad to have it out. I had it done at my local hospital & they would have sedated me if I'd wanted it.

Do you always have to get it done at the hospital? :wacko: i'm sure when I last went to my dentist he said it wasnt done at hospital anymore. He wanted to take them out back then coz I kept biting my cheek/gum, but he fixed that by grinding the teeth back!!

Do you always have to get it done at the hospital? :wacko: i'm sure when I last went to my dentist he said it wasnt done at hospital anymore. He wanted to take them out back then coz I kept biting my cheek/gum, but he fixed that by grinding the teeth back!!

It depends on your dental practice. Mine were able to x-ray me, but didn't have the facility to remove them under local, so was referred to another dentist but they then refused to do them under local so then I was referred to the hospital to have them out under general anesthetic.

I went to an orthodontist, not the hospital. They prefer to put you out entirely, which was fine with me I don't think I'd want to be awake when they remove multiple teeth.

Over all the experience wasn't too bad, and it's really worth it now! Now more "teething" pain and jaw pain.

:cry::cry: dentist is booked for 11:30 tomorrow

here's hoping it's "just" an infection that can be fixed with a quick dose of anti-biotics :thumbup:

:cry::cry: dentist is booked for 11:30 tomorrow

here's hoping it's "just" an infection that can be fixed with a quick dose of anti-biotics :thumbup:

Good luck hun!

With my one, they wanted to wait it out and give me anti biotics to clear it up before resorting to extraction of the tooth.

Let us know how you get on :hugs:

I got all 4 impacted removed in November, had an IV sedation at a dental surgery (not hospital). It wasn't so bad really, and it was worth it. I put it off for so long because I was afraid of the surgery and it made it so much worse. I have a fear of general anesthesia so that's why I waited so long. Good luck!!!

I survived :lol:

It's an infection. But quite a serious one :( I am now surviving off a diet of paracetamol, ibuprofen, and two types of anti-biotics :haha: hmm, i'm sure that's probably not good for my insides, but if it stops my tooth hurting I really don't care at the moment!! Dentist was lovely...and afterwards she started asking me about buying a new car coz of where I work :haha:
Still in pain, but I'm sure once the AB's start doing their job I will be back to my normal self and can start eating like a pig again :thumbup:

Thanks for all the replies ladies x

For now, jars of baby food is good :rofl: I prefered Gerber's chicken pasta LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"