Impending DOOM......

N

Neecee

Does anyone else get the feeling of doom before a scan?

I have my scan 2 weeks today (should have been today, blasted croydon NHS!) and don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing LO, but I've been reading up about all the things they look for at this stage and there's just so much that could have gone wrong since 12 weeks! I know I need to get rid of this negative outlook, but sometimes I feel like it's too good to be true and things are just waiting to go wrong. I feel like a right plonker for being this way, but I can't help it and I dunno why I get so nervous.:shrug:

I still feel like this at 36 weeks hun..think its normal..! just try and stay positive sure everything will be fine :) x x

you'll be fine neecee - it's normal to be nervous and to be honest there a lot of similarity between excitement and nervousness. I'm jealous you are getting to see LO again :D

Oh and we'll need to be filled in when you get back ;)

i think its natural, i felt sick as a dog the morning of the scan.

you'll be fine neecee - it's normal to be nervous and to be honest there a lot of similarity between excitement and nervousness. I'm jealous you are getting to see LO again :D

Oh and we'll need to be filled in when you get back ;)

Oh don't worry, I will! Last time we saw LO, he/she was relaxing with legs up and arms crossed behind the head! Baby was just chillin! I doubt there's space for such maneouvers now though.

Its completely normal i was sure they were going to say something was 'wrong' and felt absolutely sick before i went in....but all way fine :) XXxXX

I think it's natures way of making sure you have a full bladder for the scan.
I have a Obstetrician appointment before the 20 week scan, I will be weeing myself :(
like your new av :D

Yeah, I was worried too. We didn't have any blood tests so in some ways this would be the only way of knowing about any abnormalities. And to make matters worse, though the sonographer showed us everything as she measured and looked she never said if things were normal but waited until the end! I was tearful over our little cutie and DH said he would've been crying too if he hadn't have been so nervous about what she was going to say!

i have mine on the 26th and im nervous too! Dont know why as im growing and im feeling kicks but just natural i spose. we be fine!

For sure... I have my 20 week one on Thursday and I am shitting it!

Yep, I was like that before my scans. (Thinking the worst!) :eek:

I think we all get worried hun, it's natural I guess.

I'm sure the scan will go well. Good luck. :D

Im with you here too, mines a week on wednesday and im crapping it, lol.
Last time we saw him (sure its a boy) he was upside down kicking like mad, hubby even turned round and said im surprized you cant feel that, lol.

Im always nervous for scans and MW appointments too, i think its normal to worry hun, hope it went well :)

I'm sure your scan will be fine, but I know how you feel as I am feeling the same, it seems so long since the last midwife app at 16 weeks!! My 20 week scan is this Thursday and it can't come soon enough, I need the peace of mind that everything is still ok in there so I can stop worrying (for a little while anyway)!!!

Me so much so i was ill for my last scan! i freaked out. And i have another one soon and i am really bricking it. scares me.

Oooh neecee, your under croydon NHS too? I'll see you in the birthing centre....I'll be the crazy lady forcing everyone to use antibac gel before they touch me!

I had the feeling of doom before my scans to but luckily everything is fine...I blame google for my irrational thoughts!

Oooh neecee, your under croydon NHS too? I'll see you in the birthing centre....I'll be the crazy lady forcing everyone to use antibac gel before they touch me!

I had the feeling of doom before my scans to but luckily everything is fine...I blame google for my irrational thoughts!

I'll see you in there (if you're 3 weeks late maybe!) coz I'm not setting foot in that Mayday Maternity unit if I can help it! I've heard horror stories about that place!

Ive heard sooo many horror stories too, I dont think its that bad tho... I was born there at 28 weeks and me cousin gave birth there by c-section about 3 weeks ago with no probs so hopefully we'll be ok! I reaaly do want to use the birthing centre though- it looks nice

Ive heard sooo many horror stories too, I dont think its that bad tho... I was born there at 28 weeks and me cousin gave birth there by c-section about 3 weeks ago with no probs so hopefully we'll be ok! I reaaly do want to use the birthing centre though- it looks nice

Have you had a tour round there? We need to arrange that soon actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->