Implanon/nexplanon removal

icantdecide

Waiting for the smile
Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a very long time so it's all new names....but HELLO!

I know there is already a thread about cycles after removal but this is more what happens immediately after....

I had my implant removed on Friday, 22nd March and I was already having cramps and slight AF a few days before i had it taken out. Now it's really full blown pain and AF. I wasn't having regular periods and definitely no pain when I had it in. So this is a little odd for me.

Did anyone else have a AF straight away and experience pain....also can I count this as a first cycle or is it just hormones fighting for attention?

Thank you

:)

Xx

Hi :)
My situation was a little different... I had my implant removed a few years ago ( I was having AF for months a time ugh!) my AF when I had it removed was long and different, was heavier and more painful but that cleared up when I had my next AF. Hopefully like you say this is just hormones fighting for attention x

Aw thanks, im glad yours was fine next cycle. I wish there were some hard and fast rules! I was lucky whilst I had it in - i feel like I used up the luck though :s

Yeah it would be awesome if there were some hard fast rules! Hopefully your cycle will go back to normal soon :hugs:

Well hello my lovely, so glad to see you back :hugs:

When I had my implanon out, I had my first 'period' a few days after (was actually naive enough to think it was implantation bleed :rofl:) but then nothing for 6 weeks! I didn't ovulate naturally for almost a year after removal so it took me ages to get the hormones out of my system :(

I'm guessing your NTNP, but maybe after a few cycles it would be worth BBTing just so you can check if your ovulating? x

Ahh I forgot you had the implant too!

Looks like my cycles might be a bit like yours then..

Hmm the whole temperature thing might freak out the OH at the moment he's a bit of a worrier. We work together and actually came to my desk at work I check on my plaster from having the Inplant out.... So I think I want to keep him out of the whole process for a while.

You know the clearblue OPKs? I have a silly question... Can the smiley face appear even if you aren't going to ovulate??

I think if your hormone levels are raising, you could still get a smiley face BUT your body may not go through with ovulation. Welcome back to the roller-coaster of uncertainty that is ttc ;)

Ah fabulous ! I don't think I'm going to test then. Too stressful x

Hi
My implanon was removed nearly 8 weeks ago and still no period :cry:.
I think i was ovulating finaly week ago but i will know that defenitly next week if..(i will test myself)
If no then i need to visit my doctor to get my body and hormones back.

Ooh if no period could you be pregnant? Are you trying? I have read a few things online about women not having a period at all inbetween taking it out and getting a BFP...

Good luck at the doctors :)

It would be wonderful if you are pregnant, but try not to get your hopes up too much. It is actually pretty rare that your hormones will stabalise enough to ovulate straight away. If you need to see a GP on the NHS they will make you wait it out.

You are much better off doing a BBT at home so you can check for ovulation yourself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->