Implanon Today.

RoyalPython

Reaction score
So to anyone who saw my Implanon thread, I was so undecided if I should get it or not.

Popped down to clinic and was first person there so they done it straight off, the anasthetic felt exactly like the dentist, but she didnt wait for it to work and inserted the implant!! So, it was VERY painful and funny feeling but I gritted my teath and took it :) I got 2 packs of condoms and got a cool card saying when to get it taken out :happydance:

I also have to finish taking the pill ( I have 5 left in my pack) and Im done.. Hope me luck and no AF! FX!

oooo well done! let me know how it goes as im considering getting one of these in the future after we have (hopefully) had a baby. lots of luck ur way for no AF!!

xxx

Oooh well done - I love the sound of your local NHS, so efficient! (Although possibly a little too efficient what with the not waiting for anaesthetic to kick in - ouch!)

Thank you for the luck and comments :)
Haha they are efficient but if you get there late the que is SO big, because the drop in is only on wed and its from 4-6 so the amount of people going is RIDICULUS!

wow i can't believe the doctor didn't wait! mine waited a while and poked me to see if i could feel it, and i could, so gave me more and i could still feel it, this happened a few more times until she pretty much said i can't give you any more lol it was fine though and i didn't feel a thing, i had (tmi) permanant bleeding for the first few wees but now almost a year later since then there's been no AF! i hope it works well for you, it does for me

Hi. Im going to have one of these put in. My GP said family planning clinic would only fit them if youre having a period - so iv been waiting. Is this right, or will they put it in no matter where you are in your cycle?
Also did they say anything to you about having it removed and whats the minimum time? Im gonna start TTC in May 2011, so only want it for a yr.

There is no need to wait until you are having a period, but they prefer to 'idiot proof' their contraception so that there is no chance of you getting pg. You could potentially still get pg if you get it put in at another time of the month, as you may have already released an egg, or be past the point of no return with regards to egg release. However, as long as you were careful with other forms of contraception for about a week or so, you'd be fine.

Also, they really seem to dislike giving implants for people who don't intend to wear them for at least 2 of the 3 years lifespan (I suspect they aren't the cheapest contraception option!) so I would probably not tell them that you only want it in for a year.

PS: Also had no AF pretty much the whole time and really rate this as a really easy method of contraception!

Thanks for that. Yes i read it costs a few hundred pounds to put one in so i suppose its understandable. I was going to lie and tell them i wanted it for 3 years, but just worried they'll refuse to take it out in a year!
xx

They can't and won't refuse to take it out. (not the contraceptive/sexual health clinics anyways) It's your body and you are perfectly entitled to 'change your mind' in a years time.

Well done RoyalPython! I hope you have as good a time as I did on it. But with ref to hopeandpray's comment, I too remember bleeding for quite a bit to begin with but then it soon settled down and I think I had one period every 3 months if that!

Hope you get on OK. x

Hi. Im going to have one of these put in. My GP said family planning clinic would only fit them if youre having a period - so iv been waiting. Is this right, or will they put it in no matter where you are in your cycle?
Also did they say anything to you about having it removed and whats the minimum time? Im gonna start TTC in May 2011, so only want it for a yr.

They will do it anytime but might make you take Preg test. And she told me I can get it removed whenever I want to have a baby and that fertility will return straight away or in first month :) Good luck xx

Well done RoyalPython! I hope you have as good a time as I did on it. But with ref to hopeandpray's comment, I too remember bleeding for quite a bit to begin with but then it soon settled down and I think I had one period every 3 months if that!

Hope you get on OK. x

Im thinking I might not have that because she told me to finish my pill pack, so will hopefully just get my 7day break bleed and carry on without? or maybe not get any AF at all? :shrug:

Im so happy with it <3 its barely bruised and I love feeling it!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->