Implanon.

I had 2 and loved them. best thing ever. I had my period every 3 months and 4 months after getting it out I was pregnant.

Oh yay - finally people who have had it removed and actually had their fertility return quickly. I googled this a while ago and found a lot of american websites saying how it takes a year or so for most people to have any periods or ovulation. Thank goodness it clearly isn't true!

Oh yay - finally people who have had it removed and actually had their fertility return quickly. I googled this a while ago and found a lot of american websites saying how it takes a year or so for most people to have any periods or ovulation. Thank goodness it clearly isn't true!

My mate told me exactly the same...tried to scare me that it would take us YEARS to conceive...she had a shock when I phoned and told that I was pregnant.
I got my 1st proper period 2 weeks after removing it and 4 cycles later I had my :bfp:. But I must say that I used the persona monitor as well, because my period was so all over the place I would have never known when I ovulate.

But I must say that I used the persona monitor as well, because my period was so all over the place I would have never known when I ovulate.

I've been thinking that it'd probably be a good idea to do some kind of monitoring, but I went to Boots and was a little overwhelmed by the options! I expect if I search the forums, there will be a few threads devoted to which one is best!

But I must say that I used the persona monitor as well, because my period was so all over the place I would have never known when I ovulate.

I've been thinking that it'd probably be a good idea to do some kind of monitoring, but I went to Boots and was a little overwhelmed by the options! I expect if I search the forums, there will be a few threads devoted to which one is best!

I think the 2 big ones to go for is the persona monitor and the clearblue. I honestly just went for the persona cause it was cheaper. lol

i have it almost a year now and love it! it took a while to settle but no problems since then and no AF either!

Thankyou to all :) all so helpful :) Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow (as according to someone who got it done i dont need an appointment?)

also, I also have heard fertility returns quickly, hence I am wanting to take it as will be TTC in a year or so and I dont want to wait another year for the fertility to return (as i have heard it is with the pill )

Thankyou to all :) all so helpful :) Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow (as according to someone who got it done i dont need an appointment?)

I would *definately* double check that. I've been to clinics in a few different regions and all needed appointments to get implant put in or removed. Also when I went the first appointment (which they might do without an appointment) was all questions and then they said they had to order my implant prescription, and it was another 10 days until I got it put in.

I would *definately* double check that. I've been to clinics in a few different regions and all needed appointments to get implant put in or removed. Also when I went the first appointment (which they might do without an appointment) was all questions and then they said they had to order my implant prescription, and it was another 10 days until I got it put in.

Oooh right ok, well I only live about half hour away so ill take a stroll down there and see about making an appointment in person - I HATE PHONE CALLS x

I am wanting to take it as will be TTC in a year or so and I dont want to wait another year for the fertility to return (as i have heard it is with the pill )

Oooh, also don't tell them you want to TTC in a year, they really aren't keen on giving implanon to people who won't be wearing them for at least 2 or more of the 3 year lifespan.

I am wanting to take it as will be TTC in a year or so and I dont want to wait another year for the fertility to return (as i have heard it is with the pill )

Oooh, also don't tell them you want to TTC in a year, they really aren't keen on giving implanon to people who won't be wearing them for at least 2 or more of the 3 year lifespan.

Haha if they ask I will be like PFT- no never! ;)

Hi Ladies,

I finally got my implant removed today - yay! I was expecting it to hurt and be quite awkward to remove because it is in quite deep, but it was totally fine, not painful at all. Even the anaesthetic (sp?) didn't hurt much going in! It took her a while to get the end of the implant in a position to grab it with the tweezers through the (tiny!) incision, but she got it in the end, and it just slid out really easily. I've now got a small cut, some steri-strips helping to close it up, a small mepore (breathable) plaster on top and a bandage over the lot to help compress it and reduce bruising.

I have so say that I really don't know why I was so worried! And I will almost certainly have another one in the future when we no longer want kids :)

Hi Ladies,

I finally got my implant removed today - yay! I was expecting it to hurt and be quite awkward to remove because it is in quite deep, but it was totally fine, not painful at all. Even the anaesthetic (sp?) didn't hurt much going in! It took her a while to get the end of the implant in a position to grab it with the tweezers through the (tiny!) incision, but she got it in the end, and it just slid out really easily. I've now got a small cut, some steri-strips helping to close it up, a small mepore (breathable) plaster on top and a bandage over the lot to help compress it and reduce bruising.

I have so say that I really don't know why I was so worried! And I will almost certainly have another one in the future when we no longer want kids :)
Makes me not scared of getting it out now :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->