Implant Help? (Implanon)

K

Karuto

Hey, I'm getting my implant out next week. I've heard it can take some time for your normal cycle to return. Does anyone have this sort of experience? I know it will obviously differ depending on the individual.

Thank you! :)

Hi, i have had the implant twice, the first time for 3 years during which i had no periods and my cycle went back to a perfect 28 days from the 2nd month after removal (also got BFP very quickly). The second time i only had it in for 4 months as it didn't agree with me but again my cycles are back to normal after just 2 months. As you said it is probably different for everyone but i hope this helps xx

hi karuto, im als havin the implant out next week, after having it in for 2yrs, i havent had a single period oe spottin in those 2yrs so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get bk to "normal" lol x
Lianne x

Ahh Thanks girls.
Personally had too many complaints with it.
The main ones being: bleeding for 2-3wks (unbroken)
And sore boobs :mad:
So I really can't wait to get it out :)

All my bad side effects stopped just a few days after having it removed...except for bleeding which stopped about a week later xxx

i had mine out Jan last year, NTNP for that month and got pregnant the next month, so very quick

i got mines out and the next month my period came and were pretty normal after that! x

Mine came out 4 weeks last friday and I had a fairly normal period 4 weeks ago (a couple of days after removing it). My cycle prior to the implanon was 28-35 days (usually the latter) so I'm expecting to start getting pre-AF symptoms over the next week or so but nothing yet - not even signs my breasts are getting sore. I had no periods for 2.5 yrs on implanon and then could tell the hormone levels were dropping because I started to get regular light bleeds in the months before it came out.

Not looking forward to my 'normal' periods again :(

I had the same experience, Hopeful. I had mine out 4 weeks tomorrow and I'd hardly bled until the last year when I started with around a 42 day cycle then it shortened slowly to about 28 days (perfectly in synch with my work colleague!).

I got AF the morning before I had the removal the same afternoon so should see AF tomorrow. But just like Hopeful, there's no pre-AF symptoms at all so I doubt I'll see the witch tomorrow. But then again, on the implant I got incredibly tender breasts before I was due on so maybe I'm just not going to get the same symptoms anymore.

Who knows! Will keep you posted about when AF shows her face! Would really like 2 normal cycles so can use some OPKs before TTCing in Aug.

xxx

I get mine removed on Monday after having it put in straight after miscarriage in Sept. I've had no sex drive since having it put in. Can count the number of times we've done the dance on my hands since having it inserted.
We're not ready to ttc due to wedding next year, but are willing to risk it because the implant is destroying our sex life!!!
If my head was straight when I had it inserted I wouldn't have looked twice at it. Acne, depression bleeding after the few times we've danced. Nightmare!
I just really hope I get back to "normal" straight away.

Hooray! AF has reared her ugly head this morning. A 35 day cycle so hopefully my body is getting back to normal now.

I'd forgotten how painful 'normal' periods are though. Was woken up early this morning by awful cramps & had to get up for a hot water bottle! 10 years of artificial periods from BCP & implant have clearly wiped my memory!

So here's to hoping for a slightly shorter cycle next time!

xxx

hey..how long has it took for ur AF to arrive after havin implant out? i had mine out on friday, i feel like i have got period pains & back ache, but i cant remember what period pains feel like? if AF is on its way i wish it wud fluffin hurry up!!!

also how do u work out a cycle, i havent bothered doin anything before, i just knew when i was "due on" lol im a bit thick lmao

im glad ur AF has arrived, but not glad ur not suffering :hugs:

Lianne x

It's hard to tell how long it's taken because I'd had regular bleeds during the last year or so with Implanon in and actually came on the morning that I had it removed. So I was already bleeding when I had it out. Today is my first 'real' period, 5 weeks later.

To work out your cycle length all you need to do is count the number of days from the start of one period until the start of the next. I downloaded a free app for my phone called Period Tracker Lite to help me keep track. Otherwise I just forget!

xxx

It's hard to tell how long it's taken because I'd had regular bleeds during the last year or so with Implanon in and actually came on the morning that I had it removed. So I was already bleeding when I had it out. Today is my first 'real' period, 5 weeks later.

To work out your cycle length all you need to do is count the number of days from the start of one period until the start of the next. I downloaded a free app for my phone called Period Tracker Lite to help me keep track. Otherwise I just forget!

xxx

i havent had a period in the 2 yrs ive had mine in, which was a gd thing at the time but not now :(
now i know how to work out a cycle lmao where abouts in ur cycle do u ovulate?
:hugs:
Lianne x

Ovulation is usually around the middle of your cycle but you can work it out by charting using your basal temp, cervical mucus and OPKs. I'm waiting for 2 normal cycles then will start charting.

xxx

Ovulation is usually around the middle of your cycle but you can work it out by charting using your basal temp, cervical mucus and OPKs. I'm waiting for 2 normal cycles then will start charting.

xxx

spoke too soon...i think af is arriving :) tmi i think but went to the loo an when i wiped it was pinky coloured...and got cramps, didnt take long, 5 days if it is definatly af...please let it be af!!

im not going to chart or anything, just going with "the flow" x
so if i have a 30 day cylce i will prob ovulate day 15?
Lianne x

Hey Lianne1986,

I got my implanon out 19th Feb, felt like AF was going to come on a week later but never materialised, just a bit of spotting. Got my first AF in 4ish years 6 weeks after having it removed x

Well thats me got it out. Had it out a week :) No signs of AF.
Just hope I don't get cut short.

Mines was embbeded far too deep. The nurse said the risk of getting pregnant was much more than normal because of this :0.
x

Well thats me got it out. Had it out a week :) No signs of AF.
Just hope I don't get cut short.

Mines was embbeded far too deep. The nurse said the risk of getting pregnant was much more than normal because of this :0.
x

snap!!!
it took my dr an hour to get out, it had gone too deep, and tissue had grown all around it, i have had mine out a week 2morro, an no AF. i have had a littlebit of pinkish colour (when wiping) sorry TMI there lol
i have had period type pains but nothing else, i have back ache but think its the bloody siatica back :(

Karuto...hopefully we will get AF soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->