implantaion or period? mirena removed Aug 7

aksmommy10711

Reaction score
Mirena removed on Aug 7th. Began ttc that night and almost every night after. I immediately started having sore breast, mood swings, and a loss of appetite. When I had my mirena I would cramp and not bleed, also would cramp and bleed. Well After taking test Saturday, I picked it out of the trash to see either light line or evaporation line. :( was going to wait a few days to test again but imnimpatient. When to test again and there was my period, I think. I say I think bc ive heard of implantation bleeding and this "period' is not consistent. I bled sat lightly but not too light almost all day then at night nothing. Didnt bleed all night then blood again last night after cleaning all day....I dont want to reach for symptoms that's arent there but im just looking for some similar stories or opinions. I was a member of bnb while pregnant with my first who is now almost three and I was so happy to have extra support. I hope I can get the same this time around.

Thanks in advance.

Btw do not know my period schedule due to mirena but I think my last one was aroundthe 1st... so I don't know why im bleeding again. Im nit even cramping and I normally cramp pretty bad.

I'll start by saying there is hope because I don't want to reply and be all negative Nancy sort of thing!

But...

It sounds like your body is adjusting after having the Mirena coil removed. It can take a little while for your body to get back to normal, not as long as other birth control but certainly your periods can be affected. Mine was slightly weird for the first month or so and to be honest, they've never been exactly the same as they were before the mirena but that wasn't a bad thing because they were much heavier before! So it might be that your body is re-settling itself.

It can be common for spotting to occur after the Mirena is out and because it's been under a month it could be that still but equally, it could be implantation bleeding! Were you able to do any OPK's at all? Only because I know it's impossible to know when your last period was because of the mirena.

I do hope though in your case it is different and you are pregnant. Wishing you lots of luck xx

Im not familiar with the abbreviation you used. I have a feeling it is just my period, we will see in a few days ill test again just in case. But its day 3 i dont even need to Chang my panty liner. Honestly I was expecting my first period after the mirena to be crazy but not light... thanks for the reply. I know the chances are slim at this point. Maybe next month. Ttc is tough :/

Ive just had mine out (aug 11th) i spoted in the 12th, bled on 13th and then nothing since.

It sounds like to much to be implantation. Thats usually just small spotting. It could be pregnancy but i personally think its just the after effects of the mirena

I had mine out 26th July and don't recall any bleed? If anything a teeny bit of spotting when I wiped the same day now I've not seen af at all and didn't see her during having mirena either? Makes it really hard to know where you are when TTC. Hopefully she comes soon! If yours is af that's a good thing as at least you seem to be cycling :) if its not its also good news as could be implantation :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->