Imunisations & infant paracetamol

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me what order the imunistations go in. Pierre just had his first and I was told he'll be due more in 4 weeks. It this just a booster of the first or a different set?

Also I was told by the midwife to give him 1/2 teaspoon of calpol, which I did twice (5 hours apart). Is this really safe as it says from 3 months and Pierre is only 8 weeks?

This may sound overly worried but I used the 1/2 teaspoon measuring thingy which it comes with but filled it right up, not realising there was a line as a marker a few mm's from the top. Have I given him too much? I really worry about paracetamol overdose as I did it to myself before when I had the flu, not realising how much I was taking because I was so out of it. The symptoms are nasty and very delayed.

Here is a timetable for the jabs:
https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/baby/immunisation/when_given.asp
As for the paracetamol - Jack was given this too - 2.5ml if needed & he was fihe with it. The measuring syringe I had with it was 5ml though so only need to fill it half full, so unsure about that:blush:

You havent given him too much, as when kyle was 9 or 10 weeks, he took a reaction to his first set of jags and when I took him to the hospital the doctor told me to give him 5ml of calpol, when I said that the box said 2.5 for his age he said its just what the average baby needs, and in some cases some babies need more. He said to give him 5ml would in no way overdose him, just to make sure it was no more than 5ml every 6 hours if he needed it x

The calpol we bought for Hannahs first jabs said suitable from 2 months and came with a measuring spoon - was there not one in your box? Hannah was 8 weeks to the day when she got her jabs and had no problems with the calpol

Jack also had his injections yesterday, in which he screamed the place down for 20 minutes lol! We were also told to give him Calpol (medicine containing paracetamol) as he is nearly 2 months it is ok :) And she wouldn't tell us to give it to him if there were no side effects :D

I'd definitely get a syringe. I think the pharmacy will be able to give you one - might cost a few pence maybe. It's much easier to measure with and to give particularly for those middle of the night doses!

2.5ml I'd give at his age :D

Age was highered but I still have my bottle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->