In need of a little hope :'(

mollie3

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking for some advice and guidance - My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 2 years now, he has been tested and his sperm count came back normal and a high enough count for me to conceive naturally, however time went on and with no luck - so I was referred. I have had a number of blood tests, an internal scan and a HSG scan, which gave me the devastating news that not only was I not producing any eggs, but BOTH of my fallopian tubes where blocked. I have been offered surgery and the chance to try IVF if the surgery fails. I have also been given some chlomifene tablets to stimulate egg production. I would love to fall pregnant naturally, and not feel quite so lost and disappointed in myself. Both myself and my husband are at a healthy age being in our mid 20's, and are definitely not prepared to give up yet in our hopes for a dream family.*
Please reply with any advice and your views, or just for someone to tell me it will be ok :'(

Hi mollie3
Im sorry to hear that news. That is very hard stuff to swallow. You have to remember never to.give up hope! It will happen. Please dont be sad. Miracles do happen and you arent out of options! Just keep your chin up and your head held high. Everything will be ok *hugz*

Sending you hugs. Don't give up, doctors are not always right, give it the best you can and pray.

Hi all
I'm looking for some advice and guidance - My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 2 years now, he has been tested and his sperm count came back normal and a high enough count for me to conceive naturally, however time went on and with no luck - so I was referred. I have had a number of blood tests, an internal scan and a HSG scan, which gave me the devastating news that not only was I not producing any eggs, but BOTH of my fallopian tubes where blocked. I have been offered surgery and the chance to try IVF if the surgery fails. I have also been given some chlomifene tablets to stimulate egg production. I would love to fall pregnant naturally, and not feel quite so lost and disappointed in myself. Both myself and my husband are at a healthy age being in our mid 20's, and are definitely not prepared to give up yet in our hopes for a dream family.*
Please reply with any advice and your views, or just for someone to tell me it will be ok :'(

Hun do you mean they said you won't ovulate? I thought we were all born with our eggs and hormones just matured them and ovulated them each cycle? If you aren't ovulating that should be able to be helped I'd think? My tube (lost one) was blocked and clubbed and I was told ivf was my only option. I wasn't ovulating properly and they just threw the flag in on me....heck I threw the flag in on me!

I am hoping the surgery they are offering is to unblock your tubes. This is a highly successful procedure usually and if it goes well for you then hopefully some help ovulating will do the trick. Don't lose hope...I know it's easier said than done but we tried several years and finally sorted it out after much grief and loss so I have hope for you too.

If they unblock your tubes successfully maybe you should make a plan and give yourself a time frame to execute it before ivf unless of course you feel strongly about it and are decided down that path of course! I personally couldn't afford it as I lost my job right around the time of my diagnosis. My RE told me after she unblocked my remaining tube I had a "golden window" of 3-4 months where conception may be possible but basically said plan for ivf :dohh:. I started charting my bbt meticulously and took supplements to stimulate ovulation which were very successful for me personally.

If you want to chat more about it feel free to pm me hun. Just keep your chin up and and take one thing at a time..as someone said previously our miracles happen and I also think we can (with a little medical help) MAKE our miracles happen a little faster with some well placed efforts and research. If not many women have successful ivf treatments and have beautiful babies!:hugs:

Hiya thanks for your replies. Yea the surgery would be to unblock both tubes however they arent sure how badly they are blocked as no dye could go through on the HSG scan, so im guessing they are quite bad??
When i had an internal scan the doctor said there was no eggs present due to a lack of a hormone.
I have been reading up on herbal treatments to help my situation. I just feel like i have failed as a 'women' sorry if that sounds a bit extreme but i dont want to take the opportunity of being a dad, and an amazing dad at that away from my husband :(
Has anyone used castor oil or any other herbal remedy. Thanks all

mollie,

I also had a HSG done. We had done all the ordered lab work and found a minor hormone issue (which could be fixed). HOWEVER...the HSG found both tubes blocked. They didn't give me any options other than IFV right away. I don't think the clinic knows what they're doing to be honest.

It is encouraging to hear that they gave you a possible alternatives.

It is very heartbreaking. My husband and I have shared so many tears after this news. Hang in there!

Hi mollie, I don't have any experience with blocked tubes, but I'm glad they will be trying to clear those for you. I don't ovulate on my own so I have taken clomid to help me. I have two little girls both with taking clomid to ovulate. Don't lose hope! It sounds like your dr knows what they're doing. Its going to be ok :hugs:

so sorry that you got such tough news! I think your age is good and bad news. Good in that you have so much time to try and bad because nobody your age should have to deal with this.

I think when your doctor says there are no eggs he/she means that you aren't developing follicles and releasing mature eggs. This can likely be fixed. I don't know much about blocked tubes though.

Have you considered TCM (traditional chinese medicine)? I just read a testimonial today about a woman who had a similar situation to yours. She used acupuncture and herbs to open her tubes and she conceived naturally. Not saying that everybody has such an amazing outcome but many do and I think every possibility is worth a try. The testimonial was in a book called The Tao of Fertility.

Good Luck :flower:

I know that this woman had different problems to yours but I thought here story might inspire you:

https://www.pathlesstrodden.com/2013/11/05/mymiracle/

It's definitely worth looking into alternatives such as changing your diet or taking herbal supplements as well as going through with the treatment your doctors are suggesting. Take it one step at a time. You know what the problems are now and that's the first step in being able to fix them. I wish you all the best of luck x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->